Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '00 Ridge Geyserville

Having just completed the transfer of my wine cellar inventory to
Cellartracker, I found that the "Drinkability Report" placed the '00
Geyserville at the top of the heap (CT users said drink before 2009 --
oops!) In the event, I opened a bottle tonight with a dinner of broiled
lamb:

2000 Ridge Geyserville (66% Zin, 18% Carignan, 16% Petite Sirah)
nose: black plums, tar, earth, a hint of butterscotch
palate: smooth entry, medium body, firm acidity

Even Paul Draper's notes on the back label suggest drinking this wine by
2008, though the review from Charles Olken's Connoiseur's Guide to
California Wines had a more optimistic deadline of 2015. In this case,
I'll side with CGCW: I foresee at least 5 more years for this wine, and
this is coming out of our passively cooled cellar. No hurries on this wine.

Mark Lipton

[TN] '00 Ridge Geyserville DaleW Wine 0 21-01-2011 08:12 PM
[TN] '01 Ridge Geyserville Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 6 12-04-2009 06:32 AM
[TN] '01 Ridge Geyserville Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 3 17-01-2009 05:06 AM
05 Ridge Geyserville Ed Rasimus Wine 9 04-09-2007 09:07 PM
TN: '96 Ridge Geyserville Mark Lipton Wine 20 09-02-2006 06:48 AM