Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1996 Riesling

We had pork and kraut last night as we won't be home for New Years. I
found an old bottle of 1996 Columbia Winery Cellarmaster Reserve
Riesling from Columbia Valley Washington in my orphan bin. Pale
yellow in the glass, reserved nose slight petrol and apple aroma.
Quite dry on the palate with strong green apple notes, pear and a
touch of lemon. Shows virtually no age and was very, very tasty.
Given that the price sticker on it was $8.99 I was happy. "A-"
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 21, 8:11*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> We had pork and kraut last night as we won't be home for New Years. *I
> found an old bottle of 1996 Columbia Winery Cellarmaster Reserve
> Riesling from Columbia Valley Washington in my orphan bin. *Pale
> yellow in the glass, reserved nose slight petrol and apple aroma.
> Quite dry on the palate with strong green apple notes, pear and a
> touch of lemon. *Shows virtually no age and was very, very tasty.
> Given that the price sticker on it was $8.99 I was happy. "A-"

That is so cool. I love when something one wouldn't have thought would
age does well.
Happy Holidays, and hope your recovery is continuing!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 21, 11:04*am, DaleW > wrote:
> On Dec 21, 8:11*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > We had pork and kraut last night as we won't be home for New Years. *I
> > found an old bottle of 1996 Columbia Winery Cellarmaster Reserve
> > Riesling from Columbia Valley Washington in my orphan bin. *Pale
> > yellow in the glass, reserved nose slight petrol and apple aroma.
> > Quite dry on the palate with strong green apple notes, pear and a
> > touch of lemon. *Shows virtually no age and was very, very tasty.
> > Given that the price sticker on it was $8.99 I was happy. "A-"

> That is so cool. I love when something one wouldn't have thought would
> age does well.
> Happy Holidays, and hope your recovery is continuing!

Had it been blind I don't think I would have gotten New World or 14
years old. It reminded me of a good Kabinett. Thanks for the
thought. I'm just about back to square one but at 60 healing is a
different process than at 30!

TN: 1996 Medocs DaleW Wine 4 01-11-2016 04:17 PM
1996 Ducru Bi!! Wine 10 26-10-2011 02:00 AM
TN: 1996 Napa Cab DaleW Wine 0 07-01-2010 01:51 PM
TN: Riesling, Riesling, Chardonnay DaleW Wine 0 24-11-2009 01:55 AM
1996 Trimbach Riesling Clos St. Hune Bi!! Wine 2 02-01-2007 10:41 PM