FoodBanter.com

-   -   WTN: 8 wines from the south of France (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/403395-wtn-8-wines-south.html)

DaleW 18-12-2010 06:49 PM

WTN: 8 wines from the south of France

The DWEEBS met last night at Rob's to taste some red wines from the
Languedoc. Fred brought a bonus bottle of Languedoc sparkling wine,
the NV Esprit du Sud Blanquette de Limoux Brut. Pleasant, light,
fruity apple flavors. B-

The rest of the wines were blind:

Wine #1 pretty ripe, fleshy, good CdR style wine. 2007 Lancyre " La
Coste d'Aleyrac" (Pic St. Loup). B

Wine #2
Also ripe, a little more slick, some light oak. Maybe most popular of
night for group. 2006 Domaine de Nizas (Coteaux du Languedoc) B/B-

Wine #3
Overripe, heat, VA, pruney. I really don't care for this. Rob said he
used to like, but that this hasn't aged well. 2003 Ch. de Serame
(Minervois) C-

Wine #4 Good, a little heavy on the kirsch, but overall well balanced,
and probably my favorite of the evening. 2007 Leon Barral Faugeres B/B
+

Wine #5 Fairly hefty, little edge of oak, blacker fruits and animal
notes than say Mouvedre to me, but it's not (Syrah/Grenache). 2007 Ch.
de Lancyre Pic St-Loup Vieilles Vignes B

Wine #6 My wine, the 2008 Iche Les Heretiques (VdP d'Herault). I
liked- very typical Les Heretiques- round warm fruit, a little spice,
some herbs. Others liked less. B

Wine #7 Big, fleshy, quirky purple color. Red fruit, spice, a bit too
fat, a tad short. 2008 Tabatau St. Chinian. B-

Good group of guys, easy walk home.

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*