Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Nahe and Beaujolais Villages

For meatless Monday, vegetarian tacos and the 2009 Shafer-Frohlich
"Medium Dry" Riesling (Nahe). Medium weight, citrus, just a hint of
petrol. Just a tiny bit of residual sugar. Good length, nice wine. B

I had picked up the 2009 Vionnet Beaujolais-Villages last month based
on CSW writeup. Opened to try, and give Betsy something for when I was
out Tuesday. Fresh (I think this is no sulphur added wine if I
remember correctly), fruit berryish, with light soil tones. Lively,
light bodied, more classically Beaujolais than some 2009s. A nice deal
at about $13. B+/B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> For meatless Monday, vegetarian tacos and the 2009 Shafer-Frohlich
> "Medium Dry" Riesling (Nahe). Medium weight, citrus, just a hint of
> petrol. Just a tiny bit of residual sugar. Good length, nice wine. B
>
> I had picked up the 2009 Vionnet Beaujolais-Villages last month based
> on CSW writeup. Opened to try, and give Betsy something for when I was
> out Tuesday. Fresh (I think this is no sulphur added wine if I
> remember correctly), fruit berryish, with light soil tones. Lively,
> light bodied, more classically Beaujolais than some 2009s. A nice deal
> at about $13. B+/B

Hmmm... A producer I haven't heard of, despite all the talk about '09
Beaujolais. If I place an order with CSW, I'll throw in a bottle of
this this.

Thanks, Dale!
Mark Lipton