Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 4 wines I liked (Burgundy inc 2 with Gamay, and Mosel)

2008 Losen-Bockstanz Riesling Kabinett
Slight, fairly sweet, moderate acids. Not a star by any means, but a
pleasant wine that was inexpensive ($11 I think, Grapes in White
Plains, it was being shown when I did a pickup month or so back). B-

2009 Joseph Drouhin Morgon
Really delightful for $14. Floral nose with a little smoky edge, full
red cherry and raspberry fruit on palate. Acids and moderate tannins
provide structure, this is in the "it could age, but it's tasty now
category." This could please traditional Cru Beaujolais lovers as well
as those that only like 2009s. B++

2007 Sauzet Chassagne-Montrachet
with swordfish, endives braised in porcini broth, & sauteed spinach. I
liked this before, I loved it this night- unsure if it's the wine, the
match, or (more likely) me. Rich, fresh, white fruits and citrus, a
little hint of butterscotch. Minerally, chalky, fine. A-

2009 Fanny Sabre Bourgogne Passetoutgrains
with cowpeas and broccoli. Fresh, light, and easy. Raspberries and a
little cranberry, lively acidity, nice finish. Fine value at $13. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*
Posted to alt.food.wine

"DaleW" > skrev i melding
2008 Losen-Bockstanz Riesling Kabinett
Slight, fairly sweet, moderate acids. Not a star by any means, but a
pleasant wine that was inexpensive ($11 I think, Grapes in White
Plains, it was being shown when I did a pickup month or so back). B-
----- I use to visit that area but this producer is not one I see much
from. It turns out that the estate is quite large for Mosel, the wines are
generally rather simple, but not bad, and suddenly you may find the odd
useful bottling. The name above indicates a generic product of which have
have no information..

2009 Joseph Drouhin Morgon
Really delightful for $14. Floral nose with a little smoky edge, full
red cherry and raspberry fruit on palate. Acids and moderate tannins
provide structure, this is in the "it could age, but it's tasty now
category." This could please traditional Cru Beaujolais lovers as well
as those that only like 2009s. B++
----- For some reason I always find Drouhin to be very good QPR :-)

Anders

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 8, 5:05*pm, "Anders T rneskog" >
wrote:
> "DaleW" > skrev i ...
> 2008 Losen-Bockstanz Riesling Kabinett
> Slight, fairly sweet, moderate acids. Not a star by any means, but a
> pleasant wine that was inexpensive ($11 I think, Grapes in White
> Plains, it was being shown when I did a pickup month or so back). B-
> ----- I use to visit that area but this producer is not one I see much
> from. *It turns out that the estate is quite large for Mosel, the wines are
> generally rather simple, but not bad, and suddenly you may find the odd
> useful bottling. *The name above indicates a generic product of which have
> have no information..
>
> 2009 Joseph Drouhin Morgon
> Really delightful for $14. Floral nose with a little smoky edge, full
> red cherry and raspberry fruit on palate. Acids and moderate tannins
> provide structure, this is in the "it could age, but it's tasty now
> category." This could please traditional Cru Beaujolais lovers as well
> as those that only like 2009s. B++
> ----- For some reason I always find Drouhin to be very good QPR :-)
>
> Anders

I think its good quality, but also the house just has a style that
appeals to me.
Zachys is having a sale, now this is $12.xx , grabbed some more (plus
some Cote d'Or Drouhin)