Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Thanksgiving Burgundy

Just the two of us this year so Bev roasted a chicken and gave the OK
for a bottle of Burgundy (she is Chablis with Turkey kind of gal so
this is the first thanksgiving in ages that has seen red wine. I
pulled out a Vigne de L'Enfant Jesus, Beaune 1eme Cru 2001 Bouchard
Pere & Fils and oh my did I get it right.

Intense nose and nice bright color. No tnanins to speak of but the
wine was full and rich allmost chewy. The only problem, the only
bottle!

Joseph Coulter
J&B Journeys
www.josephcoulter.com

904 685 5317
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 26, 6:09*pm, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
> Just the two of us this year so Bev roasted a chicken and gave the OK
> for a bottle of Burgundy (she is Chablis with Turkey kind of gal so
> this is the first thanksgiving in ages that has seen red wine. I
> pulled out a Vigne de L'Enfant Jesus, Beaune 1eme Cru 2001 Bouchard
> Pere & Fils and oh my did I get it right.
>
> Intense nose and nice bright color. No tnanins to speak of but the
> wine was full and rich allmost chewy. The only problem, the only
> bottle!
>
> Joseph Coulter
> J&B Journeyswww.josephcoulter.com
>
> 904 685 5317

Wrong holiday, Baby Jesus is supposed to be Christmas!

Glad to hear of a good '01 CdBeaune (I love the CdN 01s, find the CdB
totally variable)

TN: Thanksgiving (US) and other wines- California, Burgundy, MSR DaleW Wine 6 03-12-2014 06:52 PM
TN: White Burgundy, Red Burgundy, Pink Burgundy DaleW Wine 1 11-03-2011 04:25 PM
TN: Thanksgiving wines from MSR, Champagne, Burgundy, and Napa DaleW Wine 0 23-11-2007 10:11 PM
help with a Burgundy AyTee Wine 3 14-04-2006 05:10 PM
Which Burgundy? Andrew Goldfinch Wine 13 28-02-2005 01:23 AM