Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2008 Melville Chardonnay

I'm finally starting to feel better (broken ribs heal slowly) so I
went out yesterday to the local marketplace and found fresh halibut
and English peas and a nice seafood terrine (where does one grow
English peas this time of year?) I seared and pan roasted the halibut
and made a buerre blanc sauce with the peas. Opened a bottle of 2008
Melville Santa Rita Hills Estate Chardonnay. Great QPR at $22.
Focused citrus peel, a hint of lemon and and a bit of orange. Nice
acidity and mionerality with no oak. "B+/A-"
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 24, 9:40*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> I'm finally starting to feel better (broken ribs heal slowly) so I
> went out yesterday to the local marketplace and found fresh halibut
> and English peas and a nice seafood terrine *(where does one grow
> English peas this time of year?) *I seared and pan roasted the halibut
> and made a buerre blanc sauce with the peas. *Opened a bottle of 2008
> Melville Santa Rita Hills Estate Chardonnay. *Great QPR at $22.
> Focused citrus peel, a hint of lemon and and a bit of orange. *Nice
> acidity and mionerality with no oak. *"B+/A-"

will keep an eye open for this, sounds good.
And really glad the ribs are healing!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 27, 6:10*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Nov 24, 9:40*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > I'm finally starting to feel better (broken ribs heal slowly) so I
> > went out yesterday to the local marketplace and found fresh halibut
> > and English peas and a nice seafood terrine *(where does one grow
> > English peas this time of year?) *I seared and pan roasted the halibut
> > and made a buerre blanc sauce with the peas. *Opened a bottle of 2008
> > Melville Santa Rita Hills Estate Chardonnay. *Great QPR at $22.
> > Focused citrus peel, a hint of lemon and and a bit of orange. *Nice
> > acidity and mionerality with no oak. *"B+/A-"

> will keep an eye open for this, sounds good.
> And really glad the ribs are healing!

Right at $22 in Ohio you can probably find it at under $20 in NY.
Probably my favorite Cal Chardonnay right now.