Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 3007 Burgs, 1 2009 Nahe

With braised tofu with peas and tomato, the 2009 Shafer-
Frohlich*"Medium Dry" Riesling (it does say "medium dry", not
halbtrocken). .Crispy, crunchy, just a little edge of sweetness,
apples and peaches, minerally finish. Really enjoyable over 2 days. B+

Less enjoyable was a 2007 Grivot Vosne-Romanee from 375. *Big, brawny,
showing some oak, austere, this is not very Vosne-like (in my limited
experience) or enjoyable right now, a bit chewy for Burgundy.
Hopefully will get better (I have one more half) but for now not too
enjoyable, C+/B-

Betsy had a recording session all day yesterday, I was in charge of
dinner. Chicken breast teriyaki, rice with furikake, carrots with
cumin and mustard, mizuma salad, and baked mushrooms (from an 1877
recipe, I was test driving the new NYT cookbook). I didn't like the
Grivot any more on day 2, so opened the 2007 Camus-Bruchon Bourgogne.
New estate to me, Gilman's write up made me curious, so when Envoyer
offered a bunch I took 2 of each. The basic Bourgogne is a pretty,
light, zesty bottle of Burgundy. Light to medium bodied, good acids,
cranberry and black cherry fruit. Nothing astounding here, but a solid
bottle of Burg I prefer to the Grivot, and I look forward to trying
the Savigny village and 1ers,. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 3, 4:33*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> With braised tofu with peas and tomato, the 2009 Shafer-
> Frohlich*"Medium Dry" Riesling (it does say "medium dry", not
> halbtrocken). .Crispy, crunchy, just a little edge of sweetness,
> apples and peaches, minerally finish. Really enjoyable over 2 days. B+
>
> Less enjoyable was a 2007 Grivot Vosne-Romanee from 375. *Big, brawny,
> showing some oak, austere, this is not very Vosne-like (in my limited
> experience) or enjoyable right now, a bit chewy for Burgundy.
> Hopefully will get better (I have one more half) but for now not too
> enjoyable, C+/B-
>
> Betsy had a recording session all day yesterday, I was in charge of
> dinner. Chicken breast teriyaki, rice with furikake, carrots with
> cumin and mustard, mizuma salad, and baked mushrooms (from an 1877
> recipe, I was test driving the new NYT cookbook). I didn't like the
> Grivot any more on day 2, so opened the 2007 Camus-Bruchon Bourgogne.
> New estate to me, Gilman's write up made me curious, so when Envoyer
> offered a bunch I took 2 of each. *The basic Bourgogne is a pretty,
> light, zesty bottle of Burgundy. Light to medium bodied, good acids,
> cranberry and black cherry fruit. Nothing astounding here, but a solid
> bottle of Burg I prefer to the Grivot, and I look forward to trying
> the Savigny village and 1ers,. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*

oops, obviously 2007 Burgs, no one should be drinking the 3007s yet

TN: Burgs, Nahe, Rhone, Tuscany, Campania DaleW Wine 0 23-02-2012 06:37 PM
TN: PNW wines, plus Port, Bdx, Nahe, etc DaleW Wine 1 28-09-2010 04:40 PM
TN: halbtrocken Nahe DaleW Wine 0 24-08-2009 03:02 PM
TN: Nahe QbA DaleW Wine 11 21-10-2008 12:57 PM
TN: Halbtrocken from Nahe DaleW Wine 4 14-02-2007 01:01 PM