Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: '07 Bourgogne, '79 Zin, '97 St Emilion

While delivering some joint purchase wines, I was served a glass of
the *2007*Bavard*"Les Champs Perriers" Bourgogne blanc. Medium bodied,
zippy acids, not especially complex but lively, could have used food.
B/B-

Sometimes you take a chance for the sake of experimentation, such as
when I bid $5 for a bottle of 31 year old Zin (hey, bottle was in
excellent condition). While preparing a dinner of Aidell sausages with
leftover broccolini and an arugula salad, I opened the 1979 Vose
Zinfandel (Napa). Good color, and there's still some fruit. But a
little VA on the nose, and despite that the wine on the palate is
rather flat and acid deficient. This is certainly not "dead" as there
is fruit and not really much in the decay end of teritary notes. But
if blind I'd probably guess it was something like a low end claret
from a low acid year, past its prime. Nothing ventured nothing
gained. C+/C

Backup bottle was the 1997 Ch. Magdelaine (St. Emilion). It showed
both as a Magdelaine (yeah!) and a 1997 (boo!). Promising nose of red
fruit, cedar, tobacco, and earth. On the palate red plum fruit, lower
acids than most Magdelaines. Needs to be a little fuller, and a lot
longer. B-

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*

St Emilion Dick N Wine 0 24-05-2011 07:22 AM
TN: Rueda, St Emilion, PTG DaleW Wine 1 27-07-2008 10:06 PM
TN: 1995 St Emilion DaleW Wine 6 12-02-2007 04:35 PM
TN: 1998 St Emilion DaleW Wine 4 05-11-2006 11:05 PM
St Emilion questions jcoulter Wine 2 24-08-2005 03:42 AM