Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '08 Briords Muscadet

Jean and I have both been battling sinus infections this past week
(fortunately, Andrew seems to have escaped) so no wine, but tonight we
were feeling well enough to sear some sea scallops with a wilted spinach
salad and orzo, with which we opened:

2008 Dom. de la Pepiere Muscadet SeM VV "Clos des Briords"
nose: minerals, citrus fruit, rainwater
palate: firm acidity, rich fruit

This large scale Muscadet is always a great value, but from this
challenging year in the Nantais it represents a clear victory. Not as
deep nor as focused as some years have been, so this wine is for
drinking in the near term. I expect it could last for a few years, but
I doubt that it'll get any better than it is today.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '08 Briords Muscadet

On Oct 6, 10:34*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Jean and I have both been battling sinus infections this past week
> (fortunately, Andrew seems to have escaped) so no wine, but tonight we
> were feeling well enough to sear some sea scallops with a wilted spinach
> salad and orzo, with which we opened:
>
> 2008 Dom. de la Pepiere Muscadet SeM VV "Clos des Briords"
> nose: minerals, citrus fruit, rainwater
> palate: firm acidity, rich fruit
>
> This large scale Muscadet is always a great value, but from this
> challenging year in the Nantais it represents a clear victory. *Not as
> deep nor as focused as some years have been, so this wine is for
> drinking in the near term. *I expect it could last for a few years, but
> I doubt that it'll get any better than it is today.
>
> Mark Lipton

thanks, I should pop mine soon!
Glad you're feeling better