Old 22-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Michael Rogers

Default Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur

Hello all,

I have a couple bottles of Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur which I've
had for about ten years. Is there still a demand for this wonderful
yet strange product? There is hardly any information at all on the
internet or the guides I've looked at.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 22-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Hunt

In article , rogersm@gmail.
com says...

Hello all,

I have a couple bottles of Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur which I've
had for about ten years. Is there still a demand for this wonderful
yet strange product? There is hardly any information at all on the
internet or the guides I've looked at.

Thanks,

Mike

Aparently, the demand was less than Moet was hoping for. I purchased the last
two retail bottles in the Western US, that I could find, for a great friend.
We drank one and I sent the other home with her. Now, there seems to be none -
except the couple that you have. As a note, went last tasted (six years in my
cellar, and who knows how long on the shelf in CA) the fizz was long gone, but
the flavors had melded nicely and it was still wonderful. This was a year ago.
I don't know that I could put a limit on how long it would last, but don't
expect that it would get much better. I'd say that you should open a bottle
now to share with someone close, and sell me the other bottle for my friend
!!!!! It seems that it has been off the Moet list in the US for about the time
you have had yours, so I do not expect that you will find more, unless some
wine shop in a totally out of the way location still has some. Then, I'd
greatly question the storage of it.

Hunt

PS, if you do wish to get rid of that other offending bottle, I'm visiting my
friend in FL in two weeks :-}

Old 29-03-2009, 08:11 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wines: Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur

Hey Mike

If you still have your Petite Liqueur...

::HISTORY AND TASTING NOTES FOR MOET & CHANDON PETITE LIQUEUR::
:: ::
::A LITTLE HISTORY:::
::The last bottling of Moet Petite Liqueur occurred in 1992. Contrary
to popular belief Moet distributed Petite Liqueur worldwide in various
livery, Petite Licorelle was another name used throughout Europe.
::::The wine did not sell well overseas, had strong established
competition and was not marketed well. :::: ::
::Several theories exist as to why this product sold so convincingly in
Australia, one was of course the name, which the Australian distributor,
Swift & Moore changed to reflect their other products which were
overwhelmingly liqueur based, Another was the aggressive marketing that
was embarked upon here by S&M which ensured most of the major hotel
groups were able to obtain supplies at massive discounts. This saw top
hotels offering Petite Liqueur as a package of some sort in room deals
for honeymoons’ and special occasions. :::: ::
::Australians were exposed and seduced in their thousands by this
remarkable wine and a legend was born that married special occasions and
Moet Petite Liqueur together. ::
::The above model was not pursued overseas and the makers,
short-sightedly, thought that the Australian experience was a ‘one off.’
Research was never carried out to find out what was producing the
Australian phenomena and it was decided to send all remaining bottles to
Australia, where they were relabled as Petite Liqueur. The last supplies
ran out suddenly and without fanfare in 1999.::
:: ::
::Thus an amazing little fortified liqueur wine was lost to the
world.::
:: ::
::TASTING NOTES:::
::As the fine Bordeaux wine used in Petite Liqueur has been mellowed
with old cognac, if it has been cellared correctly, t::::he only
difference in this product should be a strengthening of the flavour as
the product has matured. The natural sparkle however could be diminished
or non existent. ::
:: ::
::It would be prudent to:::

- ::Serve very chilled.::
- ::Have another chilled bottle of sparkling white wine on ice.::
- ::If necessary augment the Petite Liqueur with the sparkling wine
to produce an effervescence (but also to prolong the liqueur on hand
and to reduce the flavour strength to its original level)::
- :o not overdo it, you would not need much sparkling wine. (if
any)::
- ::Even if your Petite is still sparkling, I think extending to
reduce the stronger flavour levels of the cognac is, to me, desirable.
Cheers, Urbancowboy::

--
urbancowboy
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old 29-03-2009, 08:51 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Hey Hunt, If you are still looking for a bottle of Petite Liqueur, let
me know.

Urbancowboy

--
urbancowboy
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old 03-07-2009, 01:22 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Dear Urban Cowboy,

Although I am not the person to whom you were speaking, I would love to
taste this wonderful nectar once again. I had it a number of times
while I was living in Australia, and was bereft when it was
discontinued.. If you might be able to help me taste it once again I
would be truly grateful!

Craigmaile

--
Craigmaile
Craigmaile's Profile: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/member.php?userid=1432

Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Dear Urbancowboy, l'm not Hunt - but l'm DEFINATELY interested in
getting a bottle of Petite Liquear if at all possible! Thanks, Craig

--
View this thread: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=22859

Old 15-11-2013, 03:38 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, July 4, 2009 11:42:08 PM UTC-7, Craigmaile wrote:
Dear Urbancowboy, l'm not Hunt - but l'm DEFINATELY interested in
getting a bottle of Petite Liquear if at all possible! Thanks, Craig

--
Craigmaile
Craigmaile's Profile: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/member.php?userid=1432
View this thread: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=22859

We were going through the household items from my in-laws, now deceased. I found a bottle of this Petite Liqueur. It is now 2013. Do you think it is even worth drinking after all this time? The distributor noted on the back of the bottle is in NY. But the parents went to Australia, I am not sure if they bought it there, or here. What do you all think?
Old 15-11-2013, 03:20 PM posted to alt.food.wine

"Ocrhid" wrote in message
On Saturday, July 4, 2009 11:42:08 PM UTC-7, Craigmaile wrote:
Dear Urbancowboy, l'm not Hunt - but l'm DEFINATELY interested in
getting a bottle of Petite Liquear if at all possible! Thanks, Craig

--
Craigmaile
Craigmaile's Profile:
http://www.cookingjunkies.com/member.php?userid=1432
View this thread: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=22859

We were going through the household items from my in-laws, now deceased.
I found a bottle of this Petite Liqueur. It is now 2013. Do you think it
is even worth drinking after all this time? The distributor noted on the
back of the bottle is in NY. But the parents went to Australia, I am not
sure if they bought it there, or here. What do you all think?

This was a delicious apricotty-brandy tasting lightly sparkling beverage in
its day. I would imagine the bottle lost its sparkle, but it might well be
good as a nice-tasting drink; you should definitely try it (well chilled)
and see how it has held up, you will find out almost immediately whether it
is still sound. And the bottle was purchased in the US, hence the NY
distributor. Australia has its own merchants.
Good luck and let us know.

pavane

Old 21-12-2013, 09:37 PM posted to alt.food.wine

I have bottle of Petite Liquorelle stamped 322C .My brother brought back from France back in early 80's.Anyone interested in this?
Old 21-12-2013, 09:51 PM posted to alt.food.wine

wrote in message
I have bottle of Petite Liquorelle stamped 322C .My brother brought back
from France back in early 80's.Anyone interested in this?

Below is part of a discussion we had a few months ago. Perhaps one of the
other
correspondents might have an interest.

pavane

Old 21-12-2013, 09:58 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Forgot to mention I also have the ice bucket.
Old 14-01-2014, 07:43 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 1:37:43 PM UTC-8, wrote:
I have bottle of Petite Liquorelle stamped 322C .My brother brought back from France back in early 80's.Anyone interested in this?

I am VERY interested if you still have it. Please let me know.
Thanks!
Elizabeth
Old 31-01-2014, 01:01 AM posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle how much are u willing to pay
Old 31-01-2014, 01:02 AM posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle wat r u willing to pay
Old 09-02-2014, 06:27 PM posted to alt.food.wine

I also have a bottle of Moët &Chandon Petite Liquorelle imported from Barcelona. Sealed and unopened.

No idea what sort of price it is worth or whether I should just save it for another 10 years or so. Found whilst clearing out my great grandparents old bungalow a few years ago.

Lee

moet & chandon 1980 Bulasty Wine 1 09-09-2008 06:27 PM
TN: Chandon Classic Brut Godzilla Wine 7 08-12-2007 12:25 AM
Drink to this cruise...Moet perhaps? Walter L. Preuninger II Wine 1 08-11-2004 07:19 PM
Better than Moet & Chandon R&M Wine 7 18-07-2004 09:40 PM
Any TN on 96 Perrier-Jouët Fleur, 82 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne or NV Moet Brut Imperial? larkin1734 Wine 2 13-07-2004 01:31 AM