Michael Rogers

Default Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur

Hello all,

I have a couple bottles of Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur which I've
had for about ten years. Is there still a demand for this wonderful
yet strange product? There is hardly any information at all on the
internet or the guides I've looked at.

Thanks,

Mike
Hunt

In article >, rogersm@gmail.
com says...

>Hello all,
>
>I have a couple bottles of Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur which I've
>had for about ten years. Is there still a demand for this wonderful
>yet strange product? There is hardly any information at all on the
>internet or the guides I've looked at.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike

Aparently, the demand was less than Moet was hoping for. I purchased the last
two retail bottles in the Western US, that I could find, for a great friend.
We drank one and I sent the other home with her. Now, there seems to be none -
except the couple that you have. As a note, went last tasted (six years in my
cellar, and who knows how long on the shelf in CA) the fizz was long gone, but
the flavors had melded nicely and it was still wonderful. This was a year ago.
I don't know that I could put a limit on how long it would last, but don't
expect that it would get much better. I'd say that you should open a bottle
now to share with someone close, and sell me the other bottle for my friend
!!!!! It seems that it has been off the Moet list in the US for about the time
you have had yours, so I do not expect that you will find more, unless some
wine shop in a totally out of the way location still has some. Then, I'd
greatly question the storage of it.

Hunt

PS, if you do wish to get rid of that other offending bottle, I'm visiting my
friend in FL in two weeks :-}

Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wines: Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur

Hey Mike

If you still have your Petite Liqueur...

::HISTORY AND TASTING NOTES FOR MOET & CHANDON PETITE LIQUEUR::
:: ::
::A LITTLE HISTORY:::
::The last bottling of Moet Petite Liqueur occurred in 1992. Contrary
to popular belief Moet distributed Petite Liqueur worldwide in various
livery, Petite Licorelle was another name used throughout Europe.
::::The wine did not sell well overseas, had strong established
competition and was not marketed well. :::: ::
::Several theories exist as to why this product sold so convincingly in
Australia, one was of course the name, which the Australian distributor,
Swift & Moore changed to reflect their other products which were
overwhelmingly liqueur based, Another was the aggressive marketing that
was embarked upon here by S&M which ensured most of the major hotel
groups were able to obtain supplies at massive discounts. This saw top
hotels offering Petite Liqueur as a package of some sort in room deals
for honeymoons’ and special occasions. :::: ::
::Australians were exposed and seduced in their thousands by this
remarkable wine and a legend was born that married special occasions and
Moet Petite Liqueur together. ::
::The above model was not pursued overseas and the makers,
short-sightedly, thought that the Australian experience was a ‘one off.’
Research was never carried out to find out what was producing the
Australian phenomena and it was decided to send all remaining bottles to
Australia, where they were relabled as Petite Liqueur. The last supplies
ran out suddenly and without fanfare in 1999.::
:: ::
::Thus an amazing little fortified liqueur wine was lost to the
world.::
:: ::
::TASTING NOTES:::
::As the fine Bordeaux wine used in Petite Liqueur has been mellowed
with old cognac, if it has been cellared correctly, t::::he only
difference in this product should be a strengthening of the flavour as
the product has matured. The natural sparkle however could be diminished
or non existent. ::
:: ::
::It would be prudent to:::

- ::Serve very chilled.::
- ::Have another chilled bottle of sparkling white wine on ice.::
- ::If necessary augment the Petite Liqueur with the sparkling wine
to produce an effervescence (but also to prolong the liqueur on hand
and to reduce the flavour strength to its original level)::
- :o not overdo it, you would not need much sparkling wine. (if
any)::
- ::Even if your Petite is still sparkling, I think extending to
reduce the stronger flavour levels of the cognac is, to me, desirable.
Cheers, Urbancowboy::

--
urbancowboy
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

Hey Hunt, If you are still looking for a bottle of Petite Liqueur, let
me know.

Urbancowboy

--
urbancowboy
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.food.wine

Dear Urban Cowboy,

Although I am not the person to whom you were speaking, I would love to
taste this wonderful nectar once again. I had it a number of times
while I was living in Australia, and was bereft when it was
discontinued.. If you might be able to help me taste it once again I
would be truly grateful!

Craigmaile

--
Craigmaile
Craigmaile's Profile: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/member.php?userid=1432

Posted to alt.food.wine

Dear Urbancowboy, l'm not Hunt - but l'm DEFINATELY interested in
getting a bottle of Petite Liquear if at all possible! Thanks, Craig

--
Craigmaile
Craigmaile's Profile: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/member.php?userid=1432
View this thread: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=22859

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, July 4, 2009 11:42:08 PM UTC-7, Craigmaile wrote:
> Dear Urbancowboy, l'm not Hunt - but l'm DEFINATELY interested in
> getting a bottle of Petite Liquear if at all possible! Thanks, Craig
>

> --
> Craigmaile
> Craigmaile's Profile: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/member.php?userid=1432
> View this thread: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=22859

We were going through the household items from my in-laws, now deceased. I found a bottle of this Petite Liqueur. It is now 2013. Do you think it is even worth drinking after all this time? The distributor noted on the back of the bottle is in NY. But the parents went to Australia, I am not sure if they bought it there, or here. What do you all think?
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Ocrhid" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, July 4, 2009 11:42:08 PM UTC-7, Craigmaile wrote:
>> Dear Urbancowboy, l'm not Hunt - but l'm DEFINATELY interested in
>> getting a bottle of Petite Liquear if at all possible! Thanks, Craig
>>

>> --
>> Craigmaile
>> Craigmaile's Profile:
>> http://www.cookingjunkies.com/member.php?userid=1432
>> View this thread: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=22859

> We were going through the household items from my in-laws, now deceased.
> I found a bottle of this Petite Liqueur. It is now 2013. Do you think it
> is even worth drinking after all this time? The distributor noted on the
> back of the bottle is in NY. But the parents went to Australia, I am not
> sure if they bought it there, or here. What do you all think?

This was a delicious apricotty-brandy tasting lightly sparkling beverage in
its day. I would imagine the bottle lost its sparkle, but it might well be
good as a nice-tasting drink; you should definitely try it (well chilled)
and see how it has held up, you will find out almost immediately whether it
is still sound. And the bottle was purchased in the US, hence the NY
distributor. Australia has its own merchants.
Good luck and let us know.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.wine

I have bottle of Petite Liquorelle stamped 322C .My brother brought back from France back in early 80's.Anyone interested in this?
Posted to alt.food.wine

> wrote in message
> I have bottle of Petite Liquorelle stamped 322C .My brother brought back
> from France back in early 80's.Anyone interested in this?

Below is part of a discussion we had a few months ago. Perhaps one of the
other
correspondents might have an interest.

pavane

"Ocrhid" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, July 4, 2009 11:42:08 PM UTC-7, Craigmaile wrote:
>> Dear Urbancowboy, l'm not Hunt - but l'm DEFINATELY interested in
>> getting a bottle of Petite Liquear if at all possible! Thanks, Craig
>>

>> --
>> Craigmaile
>> Craigmaile's Profile:
>> http://www.cookingjunkies.com/member.php?userid=1432
>> View this thread: http://www.cookingjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=22859

> We were going through the household items from my in-laws, now deceased.
> I found a bottle of this Petite Liqueur. It is now 2013. Do you think it
> is even worth drinking after all this time? The distributor noted on the
> back of the bottle is in NY. But the parents went to Australia, I am not
> sure if they bought it there, or here. What do you all think?

This was a delicious apricotty-brandy tasting lightly sparkling beverage in
its day. I would imagine the bottle lost its sparkle, but it might well be
good as a nice-tasting drink; you should definitely try it (well chilled)
and see how it has held up, you will find out almost immediately whether it
is still sound. And the bottle was purchased in the US, hence the NY
distributor. Australia has its own merchants.
Good luck and let us know.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.wine

Forgot to mention I also have the ice bucket.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 1:37:43 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> I have bottle of Petite Liquorelle stamped 322C .My brother brought back from France back in early 80's.Anyone interested in this?

I am VERY interested if you still have it. Please let me know.
Thanks!
Elizabeth
Posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle how much are u willing to pay
Posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle wat r u willing to pay
Posted to alt.food.wine

I also have a bottle of Moët &Chandon Petite Liquorelle imported from Barcelona. Sealed and unopened.

No idea what sort of price it is worth or whether I should just save it for another 10 years or so. Found whilst clearing out my great grandparents old bungalow a few years ago.

Lee

Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi, I still have one bottle of THE MC petite liquerette. Anyone interested? It is for sale. We don' t drink Anyone

Annemarie
Posted to alt.food.wine

Do you still have the bottles of Petit Liquorelle?
I'm interested in bying!

Hanne
Posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle for sale. How much it can cost. I am located in the UK West Sussex. Daniel
Posted to alt.food.wine

I have a very Nice botle of moet chandon petite liquorelle 200 ml for sale

Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi, how much are you asking for it? Where in the world are you from?

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 7:54:10 AM UTC+2, wrote:
> Hi, how much are you asking for it? Where in the world are you from?

How much would you offer? I am located in Malta, Europe and have one I would like to sell.
Posted to alt.food.wine

§25 AU + del.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi Michael, how much are you asking for a bottle? Where in the world are you from?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi Phili,how much are you asking for the Moet?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 8:57:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> I have a very Nice botle of moet chandon petite liquorelle 200 ml for sale

is your bottle still available? my mom's turning 90 in august and she use to cherish this. it would be such a nice treat for her

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 1:26:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 8:57:00 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> > I have a very Nice botle of moet chandon petite liquorelle 200 ml for sale
> >

> is your bottle still available? my mom's turning 90 in august and she use to cherish this. it would be such a nice treat for her

I have a bottle I am not sure what it is worth...let me know if you are interested

Posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle I am not sure what it is worth...let me know if you are interested

Posted to alt.food.wine

I HAVE ABOUT 15 BOTTLES UNOPENED! located in san francisco

Posted to alt.food.wine

Hello,

Very interested. I would buy 2-3 bottles?how much and I live in the UK.

Andrew
Posted to alt.food.wine

Do you still have the bottle for sale?

Posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle of petite liquorelle for sale. Blackburn lancashire. £30 if anyone's interested (unopened)
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Friday, October 22, 2004 at 1:56:27 PM UTC-4, Michael Rogers wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a couple bottles of Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur which I've
> had for about ten years. Is there still a demand for this wonderful
> yet strange product? There is hardly any information at all on the
> internet or the guides I've looked at.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

I have just found a small bottle of this and don't want it. Are you interested?
Posted to alt.food.wine

Hello people
I have also just acquired a bottle of this in the box complete with the wine cooler.
Please let me know if anyone would like to purchase. I am in the UK but happy to post anywhere at cost.
Kirsty
Posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle for sale email me at
Posted to alt.food.wine

I have a bottle with ice bucket to match for sale

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 7:47:37 PM UTC+1, wrote:
> Do you still have the bottle for sale?

Hi Andrew

read some notes on you wanting to purchase the petite liquorelle moet&chandon??? if still interested,i have up forsale 2[two]200ml of which bothis unopened,one in its original seal,the other seal damaged,but still consumable. going for 45 US$. can be contacted
Greetings
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, 23 October 2004 04:56:27 UTC+11, Michael Rogers wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a couple bottles of Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur which I've
> had for about ten years. Is there still a demand for this wonderful
> yet strange product? There is hardly any information at all on the
> internet or the guides I've looked at.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

yes, i am an australian still reminicsing over a beautiful little package of pettilante
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, 23 October 2004 07:58:04 UTC+10, Hunt wrote:
> In article >, rogersm@gmail.
> com says...
> >
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I have a couple bottles of Moet & Chandon Petite Liqueur which I've
> >had for about ten years. Is there still a demand for this wonderful
> >yet strange product? There is hardly any information at all on the
> >internet or the guides I've looked at.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Mike

> Aparently, the demand was less than Moet was hoping for. I purchased the last
> two retail bottles in the Western US, that I could find, for a great friend.
> We drank one and I sent the other home with her. Now, there seems to be none -
> except the couple that you have. As a note, went last tasted (six years in my
> cellar, and who knows how long on the shelf in CA) the fizz was long gone, but
> the flavors had melded nicely and it was still wonderful. This was a year ago.
> I don't know that I could put a limit on how long it would last, but don't
> expect that it would get much better. I'd say that you should open a bottle
> now to share with someone close, and sell me the other bottle for my friend
> !!!!! It seems that it has been off the Moet list in the US for about the time
> you have had yours, so I do not expect that you will find more, unless some
> wine shop in a totally out of the way location still has some. Then, I'd
> greatly question the storage of it.
>
> Hunt
>
> PS, if you do wish to get rid of that other offending bottle, I'm visiting my
> friend in FL in two weeks :-}

Hunt, i have 2 x 200ml bottles available, they were puchased by my mother in 1980, please email me if you are interested in purchasing them,
regards David
Posted to alt.food.wine

I have two 20cl bottles of this...is it worth anything ???
Posted to alt.food.wine

If anyone is interested, I also have a single unopened bottle for sale. Located in the San Diego area. LMK what you're willing to pay and we can work out details. Thanks!

moet & chandon 1980 Bulasty Wine 1 09-09-2008 06:27 PM
TN: Chandon Classic Brut Godzilla Wine 7 08-12-2007 12:25 AM
Drink to this cruise...Moet perhaps? Walter L. Preuninger II Wine 1 08-11-2004 07:19 PM
Better than Moet & Chandon R&M Wine 7 18-07-2004 09:40 PM
Any TN on 96 Perrier-Jouët Fleur, 82 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne or NV Moet Brut Imperial? larkin1734 Wine 2 13-07-2004 01:31 AM