Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Inexpensive CdP, Medoc, Zinfandel

Betsy and I joined some friends for dinner on their back porch,
welcoming back another couple who have been scouting Asheville NC as a
retirement location. We started with a scallop ceviche with plums,
moved on to excellent ribs, potato salad, corn and tomato salad.

2008 (I think) Bogle Old Vines Zinfandel. Sweet, grapey, red berries,
not my style but thoroughly enjoyed by others. C+

2005 Ch. Greysac
Pretty straightforward Bordeaux, nice for its price range. Cassis,
medium bodied, some slightly astringent tannins, I'd give this another
year or two but I like (Joe furnished this, but I have bought some at
$11, and good deal at that price.) B

2004 La Roquette Chateauneuf-du-Pape
Not a blockbuster, this is a medium bodied CdP bordering on elegance.
Red Grenache fruit, herbs, leather. Satisfying (at less than $16!) B/B
+

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 2010-08-29 07:35:24 -0700, DaleW > said:

> 2008 (I think) Bogle Old Vines Zinfandel. Sweet, grapey, red berries,
> not my style but thoroughly enjoyed by others. C+
> *

Another of that ilk, though not as sweet, with a high QPR is Canard
Sauvage '08 Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel. Available under $10 at Trader
Joe's - I understand TJ has several outlets on the East Coast (US) now.
But 15.5% alc.

TN: Mostly Medoc DaleW Wine 1 27-01-2014 11:10 PM
TN: Haut-Medoc, Burgundy, and Rueda DaleW Wine 0 23-01-2014 05:02 PM
TN: 89 Haut Medoc with rib roast DaleW Wine 0 27-12-2009 04:41 PM
TN: 2 inexpensive Italians, one (relatively) inexpensive Champagne DaleW Wine 0 27-09-2009 03:26 PM
Medoc 1er Cru Serial Numbers [email protected] Wine 5 10-12-2007 06:20 PM