FoodBanter.com

-   -   White Burg, Cal Cab (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/399621-white-burg-cal-cab.html)

Bi!! 13-08-2010 06:54 PM

White Burg, Cal Cab

With dinner last night I opened a 2008 Verget Puligny Montrachet "Sous
le Puits" with crispy frog legs and squash blossoms. The wine had a
pronounced floral nose with stones and lime zest. Nice acidity on the
palate yet round and ripe on the front. Nice wine but not
exceptional. "B". With grilled tenderloin I opened a 1997 Caymus SS.
Still very young. Surprisingly medium in body. Plenty of cassis and
blackberry with nice balance and fine yet firm tannins. Still years
from maturity. "B+/A-"