Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: CA PG, white Burg, Loire rose, Wachau GV

Betsy in NH for concerts, but Dave is back so I don't have to usually
eat alone. Tuesday was Cornish game hens spiced with cumin and a bit
of Szechuan pepper, snow peas, and salad. Wine was the 2007 Domaine
Ferret Pouilly-Fuisse, a fairly big fleshy PF. White fruits,
butterscotch, nice mineral finish, just a hint of oak. B/B+

Wednesday I met friends at the park, bearing a "garbage" pasta salad
(using up every partial veg in fridge, plus chevre and olives),
salami, and wine. Shared with others on a pretty night while listening
to excellent jazz (Stryker-Slagle band).

2008 Donabaum "Spitzer Point" Gruner Veltliner Federspiel*
I always pick up Winemonger wines when I see them, but this showed a
different importer. In any case, I've always liked Donabaum, and this
is no exception. White nectarine and citrus, sweet pea, wet rocks.
Fresh, zippy, yet with a nice creamy texture, a hit all around. B+

2008 Tutu Pinot Grigio
(this was definitely California, but not sure if a specific
appelation). Dolores said it got an over 90 Parker score. I can see
why- this is a big fruitbomb of a PG, honeydew and figs, not my style,
but clean. B-/C+

2009 Guion Rose (VdTable de France)
OK, this isn't a "serious" rose, but just what I want on a hot day.
Very light, buoyant acidity, pretty strawberry fruit with just a hint
of sweetness. Light herbal notes dance in the background, $11 well
spent. B+

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.**

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:

> 2008 Donabaum "Spitzer Point" Gruner Veltliner Federspiel˙
> I always pick up Winemonger wines when I see them, but this
> showed a different importer.

Note that there is more than one Donabaum bottling wines in the
region. Maybe this was not the one Emily imports.

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Aug 13, 12:44*pm, Michael Pronay > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > 2008 Donabaum "Spitzer Point" Gruner Veltliner *Federspiel˙
> > I always pick up Winemonger wines when I see them, but this
> > showed a different importer.

> Note that there is more than one Donabaum bottling wines in the
> region. Maybe this was not the one Emily imports.
>
> M.

Thanks Michael, as aBurg guy I thought of that, but this was Johann,
the previous bottles I've bought (02-07 Smaragds) definitely were
Emily imports, this said "A Monika Cana selection" and was brought in
by Wildman.
I should have noted Johann's name in any case