Ginger

Default Any great wine recipes?

This is the group to ask for great wine recipes!
Specially those made with Marsala Wine... and dessert recipes.
Thanks in advance. Ginger

Martin Field

"Ginger" > wrote in message
.. .
> This is the group to ask for great wine recipes!
> Specially those made with Marsala Wine... and dessert
> recipes.
> Thanks in advance. Ginger

Try these Steve Szabo recipes from
http://www.stratsplace.com/martin/wine_food.html

Steve is currently exec chef at www.palazzoversace.com
Martin
Steve Szabo's Vinaigrette

In a food processor, lightly mix together: one finely
chopped shallot, half a clove of garlic crushed with a
little salt, half a teaspoon of grain mustard, one
tablespoon of champagne vinegar, one teaspoon of honey, two
tablespoons of boiling water, freshly ground white pepper to
taste and a pinch of sea salt flakes. While continuing to
mix, slowly trickle in: two tablespoons of walnut oil and
two tablespoons of grapeseed oil (or substitute four
tablespoons of light olive oil) and one tablespoon of
boiling water. Steve says the vinaigrette will keep well in
the fridge and to try it with a quail salad. For a wine
accompaniment I recommend a Sauvignon Blanc at the
herbaceous end of the scale - a Cloudy Bay, for instance.

Noble Sticky Pudding a la Szabo:

A dish that combines sticky date pudding with a botrytised
white wine-based sauce. You will need: 200 gms pitted dates,
200 ml boiled water, 150 gms unsalted butter, 200 gms
demerara (or dark brown) sugar, 200 gms self-raising flour,
two large eggs and a half teaspoon of baking soda
(bicarbonate of soda). For the sauce: one cup of chilled
thickened cream, one third of a cup of "sticky", ie.
botrytised, white wine - Chateau d'Yquem will do - a
teaspoon of caster sugar and half a vanilla bean.
Method: Roughly chop dates, dissolve bicarbonate of soda in
boiled water and soak dates in this for five minutes. Cream
sugar and softened butter together then beat in eggs one at
a time. Blend in the dates and water, then fold in the
flour. Place mixture in greased 25 cm baking dish (the
pudding will double in height) cook in pre-heated (180 C)
oven for 35 minutes or until firm but moist in the centre.
Remove from oven and leave for at least 15 minutes before
serving.
For the sauce: slice vanilla bean lengthways, scrape centre
with sharp knife, combine scrapings with chilled cream,
sugar, and noble wine and beat briskly to thick pouring
consistency. Drizzle noble sauce over pudding portions. I
recommend the De Bortoli Noble One 1994 to accompany.

Martin Field

"Ginger" > wrote in message
.. .
> This is the group to ask for great wine recipes!
> Specially those made with Marsala Wine... and dessert
> recipes.
> Thanks in advance. Ginger

Try these Steve Szabo recipes from
http://www.stratsplace.com/martin/wine_food.html

winemonger

"Martin Field" > wrote in message >...

That's quite funny- cooking with Cloudy Bay and Chateau d'Yquem
(with all due respect to the late Julia Child, who said one should
never cook with a wine they wouldn't enjoy drinking)
e.

_____________
www.winemonger.com
Ian Hayward

Never mind the organic eggs, this one is orgasmic!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womansho...recipe88.shtml

Scaloppine di vitello al Marsala is a reliable standard, and I like to use a little
Marsala stirred into the pan juices of Saltimbocca alla Romana to flavour the sauce.
Risotto al Maso Scari is a delight too, although I've never been able to do it with
the genuine article. Come to think of it, I've never seen Maso Scari (aka Teroldego
Rotaliano). I guess this is the place to ask if anyone knows anything about its
availability.
I have not attempted to list the above, as I am basically idle, and all are Italian
"standards" that can be found on the Internet.

Good luck,

Ian

"Ginger" > wrote in message
.. .
> This is the group to ask for great wine recipes!
> Specially those made with Marsala Wine... and dessert recipes.
> Thanks in advance. Ginger

Ian Hayward

Never mind the organic eggs, this one is orgasmic!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womansho...recipe88.shtml

Scaloppine di vitello al Marsala is a reliable standard, and I like to use a little
Marsala stirred into the pan juices of Saltimbocca alla Romana to flavour the sauce.
Risotto al Maso Scari is a delight too, although I've never been able to do it with
the genuine article. Come to think of it, I've never seen Maso Scari (aka Teroldego
Rotaliano). I guess this is the place to ask if anyone knows anything about its
availability.
I have not attempted to list the above, as I am basically idle, and all are Italian
"standards" that can be found on the Internet.

Good luck,

Ian

.. .