Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Roses, Riesling, and Sancerre by the river

Another heat wave is rolling in, but it always feels better at the
riverfront, so we headed down to meet friends at the jazz concert last
night. Betsy made three salads- shrimp/seabass, pesto/pasta, and
cucumber. We took along the hound, so also carried some marrow bones
for her and her Dachshund friend. And, shockingly, there was wine

2004 Francois Cotat "Culs de Beaujeau" Sancerre
This is the Goldilocks wine. For some, it is too soft. For others, it
is too shrill. For me (and my friends this evening), it is just right.
Lime and gooseberry along with sweet melon, balanced acidity, pungent
herby notes. Chalky mineral notes. Full and complex, and a hit all
around. The acidity is less bright than after release, but to me at a
nice level for current drinking. A-/B+

2009 Mulderbosch rose
Red berry fruit, on lusher side of rose, pretty tasty though it could
use a little more acidity. B/B-

2009 Isa Rose (Languedoc)
Very herby, red currants, cherries, good balance. I like better than
the white from this producer. B

2008 Knebel Riesling Trocken
Citrus, petrol, straightforward. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.**

TN: Brunello, roses, VdP Cab, Chard by the river DaleW Wine 0 01-07-2010 02:11 PM
TN: wines by river, including roses, Cotes Chal., Bdx, QbA, etc DaleW Wine 3 17-07-2009 07:43 PM
TN: CdR and Sancerre DaleW Wine 0 07-03-2009 10:59 PM
TN: 2 roses and a white by the river DaleW Wine 4 09-08-2007 05:16 PM
[TN] Sancerre, two Riesling, one Gwz Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 1 12-01-2004 12:42 PM