FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Chateau Lascombes 1966 (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/398236-tn-chateau-lascombes-1966-a.html)

cwdjrxyz 03-07-2010 06:36 AM

TN: Chateau Lascombes 1966

The wine is Chateai Lascombes 1966. I bought it in the early 70s, and
it has been properly stored. There were no cork or other issues, and
the fill was to the low neck.

Many of the 1966 Bordeaux wines were rather tannic at first. Although
there were some outstanding wines, some had too much rather dry tannin
and tended to lose too much fruit by the time they reached tannic
maturity. Also several properties were not doing the best they could
in the 1960s, especially in Margaux.

This was my last bottle of Lascombes 66. I tasted a bottle of it about
10 years ago, and from that I predicted it might still be good, but
display mainly dry tannin. However the wine is holding quite well.
There is dry tannin, but there is enough fruit and acid to make it
interesting. There also is a bit more bell pepper taste than I like.
This is a wine for food and is not a modern fruit bomb that would
impress many in a tasting without food.