Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1996 Chateau Gruaud Larose

Opened tonight with grilled burgers 1996 Ch. Gruaud Larose. Bought on
release. Still very dark reddish purple with slight lightning at the
rim. Aromatic nose of fresh plums, anise and wet gravel. The wine is
medium bodied on the palate showing black cherry, currants, exotic
spice, and a slightly bitter herbal note (not offputting but
interesting). Tannins were still firm but fine. Nice bottle with
plenty of life. "B+"
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
> Opened tonight with grilled burgers 1996 Ch. Gruaud Larose. Bought on
> release. Still very dark reddish purple with slight lightning at the
> rim. Aromatic nose of fresh plums, anise and wet gravel. The wine is
> medium bodied on the palate showing black cherry, currants, exotic
> spice, and a slightly bitter herbal note (not offputting but
> interesting). Tannins were still firm but fine. Nice bottle with
> plenty of life. "B+"

Thanks for the notes. I've got a couple of bottles of this vinatge and I
was thinking of opening one soon.
Graham

TN: Gruaud-Larose, Furst, ESJ DaleW Wine 1 25-07-2014 03:27 PM
TN: 1982 Gruaud-Larose Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 9 02-05-2007 03:27 AM
TN Gruaud Larose 82 John T Wine 1 29-04-2007 07:30 PM
Chateau Gruaud Larose 1990 Morten Pedersen Wine 5 03-10-2005 01:04 AM
TN Chateau Gruaud-Larose 1961 Cwdjrx _ Wine 9 14-03-2005 05:16 PM