FoodBanter.com

-   -   1996 Chateau Gruaud Larose (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/397899-1996-chateau-gruaud-larose.html)

Bi!! 23-06-2010 12:22 AM

1996 Chateau Gruaud Larose

Opened tonight with grilled burgers 1996 Ch. Gruaud Larose. Bought on
release. Still very dark reddish purple with slight lightning at the
rim. Aromatic nose of fresh plums, anise and wet gravel. The wine is
medium bodied on the palate showing black cherry, currants, exotic
spice, and a slightly bitter herbal note (not offputting but
interesting). Tannins were still firm but fine. Nice bottle with
plenty of life. "B+"

Graham 23-06-2010 02:41 AM

1996 Chateau Gruaud Larose

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
> Opened tonight with grilled burgers 1996 Ch. Gruaud Larose. Bought on
> release. Still very dark reddish purple with slight lightning at the
> rim. Aromatic nose of fresh plums, anise and wet gravel. The wine is
> medium bodied on the palate showing black cherry, currants, exotic
> spice, and a slightly bitter herbal note (not offputting but
> interesting). Tannins were still firm but fine. Nice bottle with
> plenty of life. "B+"

Thanks for the notes. I've got a couple of bottles of this vinatge and I
was thinking of opening one soon.
Graham