Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Champagne, Rogue Valley, St Julien, and Asti

Went over to some friends' home for dinner. Marinated salami, canapes,
salad, asparagus, pasta with clam sauce, loin lamb chops. We had
agreed it would be a simple quick weeknight meal, but somehow several
bottles got opened.

NV Bremont Rose Champagne
I'm really happy with this wine. Tried at a tasting, loved it. Asked a
friend DI-ing the Cuvee Prestige if I could get some rose. Then
Zachy's had at $25, and I got some of those, and then confirmation on
the DI. So I have more of this than I expected, but happily love the
wine. Full bodied, fruit, spice, long full finish. Just what I want in
pink bubbly. A-

2007 Foris Pinot Noir
Disclaimer - owner is a cousin of Betsy's father, but neither she or I
have ever met him. Still, Betsy was happy to see on table. Nice,
bright, lighter styled PN with just a touch of vanilla. Red raspberry
fruit, light tannins, nice.wine. B

1975 Langoa Barton (St Julien)
This was part of a mixed lot, and was the bottling I was least sure of
(other than 78 Bouscaut I haven't tried). Double decanted before
going over, plenty of fruit for a 75. Still showing a bit of tannin,
black plums and currants, leather, earth. Midbodied, maybe a tad short
on finish and begins to crack up after an hour or so. In retrospect
shouldn't have decanted (not that much sediment). Still, I'm quite
satisfied as this bottling wasn't one of my reasons for bidding on
lot. B

2008 Berro "Maccario" Barbera d'Asti
Light, acids sticking out a bit, a bit short. B-/C+

Fun night with good friends.