Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1999 Poderi Colla Barolo Bussia Dardi le Rose

I grilled NY Strips and served over sauteed spinch and garlic and
garnished with shaved Red Cow Parmigiano Reggiano and opened a bottle
of 1999 Poderi Colla Barolo Bussia dardi le Rose. I've been working
my way through a case of this wine bought on release and I still keep
finding a bottle here and there in my cellar..I must have moved it
around to make space and forgot about it. The wine is ruby red in
color with no obvious signs of age. Bright, aromatics of red
raspberry, cherry, and typical Barolo tar and rose notes. Medium
weight and well balanced the joy of this wine is in the incredible
power of the fruit and the delightful balance of acidity, body and
tannins. Nice Barolo drinking well. "A"
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 21, 2:07*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> I grilled NY Strips and served over sauteed spinch and garlic and
> garnished with shaved Red Cow Parmigiano Reggiano and opened a bottle
> of 1999 Poderi Colla Barolo Bussia dardi le Rose. *I've been working
> my way through a case of this wine bought on release and I still keep
> finding a bottle here and there in my cellar..I must have moved it
> around to make space and forgot about it. *The wine is ruby red in
> color with no obvious signs of age. *Bright, aromatics of red
> raspberry, cherry, and typical Barolo tar and rose notes. *Medium
> weight and well balanced the joy of this wine is in the incredible
> power of the fruit and the delightful balance of acidity, body and
> tannins. *Nice Barolo drinking well. *"A"

nice, glad to see it's drinking well already!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 22, 11:17*am, DaleW > wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2:07*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > I grilled NY Strips and served over sauteed spinch and garlic and
> > garnished with shaved Red Cow Parmigiano Reggiano and opened a bottle
> > of 1999 Poderi Colla Barolo Bussia dardi le Rose. *I've been working
> > my way through a case of this wine bought on release and I still keep
> > finding a bottle here and there in my cellar..I must have moved it
> > around to make space and forgot about it. *The wine is ruby red in
> > color with no obvious signs of age. *Bright, aromatics of red
> > raspberry, cherry, and typical Barolo tar and rose notes. *Medium
> > weight and well balanced the joy of this wine is in the incredible
> > power of the fruit and the delightful balance of acidity, body and
> > tannins. *Nice Barolo drinking well. *"A"

> nice, glad to see it's drinking well already!

I think it's at the upward stage of it's plateau. There is still
plenty of fruit but the tannins are beginning to smooth out and
secondary characteristics are kicking in.

Rose and Barolo Bi!! Wine 1 31-05-2012 06:50 PM
1997 Poderi Colla Barolo Dardi Le Rose Bussia Bi!! Wine 0 01-05-2012 06:27 PM
1999 Luciano Sandrone Barolo le Vigne Bi!! Wine 0 31-03-2010 02:53 PM
TN: Bojo rose, bubbly rose, and '02 Bdx DaleW Wine 0 11-05-2008 07:52 PM
Rose's Lime Cordial <-> Rose's Lime Juice - what's the difference? [email protected] General Cooking 10 31-12-2004 12:25 AM