Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Leonetti, Abeja and Long Shadows Winery.

Abeja's been great for a while now. Been buying their cab since the
2004 vintage. Haven't spent much time with their other wines. Did you
try their Syrah?

The Leo is always superb. Longshadows is a relative newbie, but the
wines are exceptional.

650 wineries in Washington now. You can pretty much throw a dart at
the state map and hit something decent. My only issue is the steady
upcreep in alcohol. Tasted some Nota Bene a couple weeks back that was
15%. Nice wine, but yikes, it's like the old days of Zins (which are
now routinely pushing 16+%).

JJ

On Mon, 17 May 2010 18:05:52 -0700 (PDT), Dick N >
wrote:

>Spring release weekend was outstanding in Walla Walla, Wa. Visited
>with many over a 4 day period.
>
>Stand outs were the Leonetti (I am on the list now), Abeja (ditto) and
>Long Shadows.
>
>Long Shadows has an interesting concept...each variety has a different
>winemaker partnership. Alan Shuup was formerly of Chateau St Michele
>was responsible for the Antinori-CsM partnership. He has started this
>winery with this in mind...each wine has its own winemaker. I liked
>is Saggi, Sangiovase/Cab blend...it was outstanding.
>
>Walla Walla has continued to develop in terms of wine and local
>hospitality. Great lodging and restaurants, nightly entertainment on
>weekends.
>
>Would post notes if I took, but to busy enjoying the wines to post
>specific notes.

"Two Washington wines — a 2008 Long Shadows Botrytis Riesling and a 2005 Quilceda Creek cabernet sauvignon — were served at a Whitehouse state dinner last week when Pres. Obama hosted China Pres. Hu Jintau." aesthete8 Wine 3 27-01-2011 06:58 PM
Recommendations for North Fork, Long Island winery tours? John[_17_] Wine 3 05-07-2007 06:48 AM
New Mega Oregon Winery, one winery buys another Matt Wine 0 07-11-2006 09:23 PM
Leaving the shadows Giovanni Vanni Tea 5 12-11-2005 12:08 AM
Another lurker stepping from the shadows. Tom Walsh Barbecue 44 06-07-2004 12:00 AM