FoodBanter.com

-   -   [TN] '07 Copain PN (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/396225-tn-07-copain-pn.html)

Mark Lipton[_1_] 03-05-2010 05:30 AM

[TN] '07 Copain PN

Tonight's dinner consisted of pan-seared duck breasts with morels and
broccolini. For a wine, I went to one I'd recently acquired in a great
deal from Crush:

2007 Copain Pinot Noir "Tous Ensemble" Anderson Valley
nose: pencil lead, tart red fruit, a hint of smoke
palate: medium body, firm acidity, velvety

I picked up a few of these from Crush when they were offered for $17.
I'd heard lots of good things about Wells Guthrie's wines, and this
seemed like a good opportunity for me to investigate. I was initially
concerned about this bottle as the wine was quite dark in color, but the
nose and palate both told a different story of a nuanced and low-key
wine. As the last glass was the most appealing, we'll put this down for
some time. It was also a great match with the duck and morels.

Mark Lipton

DaleW 03-05-2010 02:48 PM

'07 Copain PN

On May 3, 12:30*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight's dinner consisted of pan-seared duck breasts with morels and
> broccolini. *For a wine, I went to one I'd recently acquired in a great
> deal from Crush:
>
> 2007 Copain Pinot Noir "Tous Ensemble" Anderson Valley
> nose: pencil lead, tart red fruit, a hint of smoke
> palate: medium body, firm acidity, velvety
>
> I picked up a few of these from Crush when they were offered for $17.
> I'd heard lots of good things about Wells Guthrie's wines, and this
> seemed like a good opportunity for me to investigate. *I was initially
> concerned about this bottle as the wine was quite dark in color, but the
> nose and palate both told a different story of a nuanced and low-key
> wine. *As the last glass was the most appealing, we'll put this down for
> some time. *It was also a great match with the duck and morels.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I've liked the few Copains I've tried, should try more!

Bi!! 03-05-2010 08:55 PM

'07 Copain PN

On May 3, 12:30�am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight's dinner consisted of pan-seared duck breasts with morels and
> broccolini. �For a wine, I went to one I'd recently acquired in a great
> deal from Crush:
>
> 2007 Copain Pinot Noir "Tous Ensemble" Anderson Valley
> nose: pencil lead, tart red fruit, a hint of smoke
> palate: medium body, firm acidity, velvety
>
> I picked up a few of these from Crush when they were offered for $17.
> I'd heard lots of good things about Wells Guthrie's wines, and this
> seemed like a good opportunity for me to investigate. �I was initially
> concerned about this bottle as the wine was quite dark in color, but the
> nose and palate both told a different story of a nuanced and low-key
> wine. �As the last glass was the most appealing, we'll put this down for
> some time. �It was also a great match with the duck and morels.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I'm headed to Sonoma/Napa on the 14th for a week and I'm going to stop
at Copain. Wells is a fellow Ohioan from Akron as is Jim Clendenon.
I'vwe heard a lot of good things about Copain.