Posted to alt.food.wine

Default match help in a hurry

My actual birthday dinner having been postponed by kids with nasty
stomach bugs, (Adele and I went out for a good sushi), we're making it
up in more rustic fashion tonight at the farm. Pigeons and morels each
procured, (pigeons are local but God knows where the morels come from),
the plan is for aforementioned in Armagnac.

Possible choices are pretty wide, if all French, and would maybe
featu 88/89 Clos du Lambrays (not sure which year is left), 90-ish
Hermitage or maybe slightly older Cornas (I think there's some 85
kicking about), some sort of CdP from the same period, 86 Beaucastel?
Various Bordeaux, an 83 Figeac that might be nice now, or there's some
'85 Clerc Milon whos time probably come.

In short, not sure what direction to go in. Help!

TIA

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 24, 8:27�am, Emery Davis > wrote:
> My actual birthday dinner having been postponed by kids with nasty
> stomach bugs, (Adele and I went out for a good sushi), we're making it
> up in more rustic fashion tonight at the farm. �Pigeons and morels each
> procured, (pigeons are local but God knows where the morels come from),
> the plan is for aforementioned in Armagnac.
>
> Possible choices are pretty wide, if all French, and would maybe
> featu 88/89 Clos du Lambrays (not sure which year is left), 90-ish
> Hermitage or maybe slightly older Cornas (I think there's some 85
> kicking about), some sort of CdP from the same period, 86 Beaucastel?
> Various Bordeaux, an 83 Figeac that might be nice now, or there's some
> '85 Clerc Milon whos time probably come.
>
> In short, not sure what direction to go in. �Help!
>
> TIA
>
> -E

I like older burgundy with pigeon but a well aged Bordeaux will
probably work as well.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 04/24/2010 02:36 PM, Bi!! wrote:
[]
>> In short, not sure what direction to go in. �Help!

[]
> I like older burgundy with pigeon but a well aged Bordeaux will
> probably work as well.

OK, burgundy it is. I will report later.

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 24, 1:10*pm, Emery Davis > wrote:
> On 04/24/2010 02:36 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> []
>
> >> In short, not sure what direction to go in. Help!

> []
> > I like older burgundy with pigeon but a well aged Bordeaux will
> > probably work as well.

> OK, burgundy it is. *I will report later.
>
> -E

I think you made right choice!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 4/24/10 1:10 PM, Emery Davis wrote:
> On 04/24/2010 02:36 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> []
>>> In short, not sure what direction to go in. �Help!

> []
>> I like older burgundy with pigeon but a well aged Bordeaux will
>> probably work as well.

> OK, burgundy it is. I will report later.

Good choice. Pigeon and Burgundy is one of my all-time favorite
combinations.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:04:40 +0200, Mike Tommasi >
wrote:

> On 24/04/2010 19:10, Emery Davis wrote:
> > On 04/24/2010 02:36 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> > []

> > []
> >> I like older burgundy with pigeon but a well aged Bordeaux will
> >> probably work as well.

> > OK, burgundy it is. I will report later.

> PInot
> PIgeon
>
> They go together well. PIriod.

Well, PIrhaps they do, but Bordeaux doesn't seem like such a bad
choice.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:18:35 +0200, Mike Tommasi >
wrote:

> On 24/04/2010 20:41, Ken Blake wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:04:40 +0200, Mike >
> > wrote:

> >> PInot
> >> PIgeon
> >>
> >> They go together well. PIriod.

> > Well, PIrhaps they do, but Bordeaux doesn't seem like such a bad
> > choice.

> Maybe, but Burgundy seems to have that magical combination of elegance
> and wild flavours.

Okay, your oPInion is noted. ;-)

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:40:47 -0400, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

>On 4/24/10 1:10 PM, Emery Davis wrote:
>> On 04/24/2010 02:36 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>> []

>> []
>>> I like older burgundy with pigeon but a well aged Bordeaux will
>>> probably work as well.

>> OK, burgundy it is. I will report later.

>Good choice. Pigeon and Burgundy is one of my all-time favorite
>combinations.
>
>Mark Lipton

Been out of town for a week, so too late for an official, but FWIW
Burgundy for the Pigeon.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations LLC
www.josephcoulter.com

904 685 5317

Hurry up!!! kaki General Cooking 1 02-05-2008 05:59 PM
Hurry up!!! kaki General Cooking 0 02-05-2008 03:59 PM
In a hurry? OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 9 13-10-2005 12:43 AM
Free for a while, best hurry Bill Sushi 0 05-11-2004 01:27 PM
Free for a while, best hurry Bill Diabetic 0 05-11-2004 01:27 PM