Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Premox....sigh

I pan roasted some beautiful Halibut fillets last night with a little
buerre blanc some fresh spinich and twice baked spuds. I checked my
wine cooler at the farm for a white that needed drinking and I came
upon a 2002 Louis Latour Corton Charlie. Upon opening I could smell
the oxidized apples and a quick pour and taste confirmed...premox. I
then opened a 2003 Olivier Leflaive Criots Barard
Montrachet....premox, followed by a 2003 Oliver Leflaive Bienvenue
that again was premoxed. Sigh. I opened a 2007 Kelham Vineyards
Chardonnay...not great but not oxidized.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 24, 7:47*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> I pan roasted some beautiful Halibut fillets last night with a little
> buerre blanc some fresh spinich and twice baked spuds. I checked my
> wine cooler at the farm for a white that needed drinking and I came
> upon a 2002 Louis Latour Corton Charlie. *Upon opening I could smell
> the oxidized apples and a quick pour and taste confirmed...premox. *I
> then opened a 2003 Olivier Leflaive Criots Barard
> Montrachet....premox, followed by a 2003 Oliver Leflaive Bienvenue
> that again was premoxed. *Sigh. *I opened a 2007 Kelham Vineyards
> Chardonnay...not great but not oxidized.

Ouch,
Ouch.
Sorry!