FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Meo Camuzet Bourgogne AC (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/395720-tn-meo-camuzet-bourgogne.html)

DaleW 15-04-2010 03:05 PM

TN: Meo Camuzet Bourgogne AC

Betsy made a recipe for duck breast with haricots verts, watercress,
and candied almonds. Wine was the 2006*Meo-Camuzet Bourgogne. Really
nice, rich dark fruit balanced by good acidity and some light ripe
tannins. Medium to full bodied, earthy, maybe a touch of well
integrated oak. Nice concentration and length for the level, why
didn't I buy more of this!?!?!
B++

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**

Bi!! 15-04-2010 05:32 PM

TN: Meo Camuzet Bourgogne AC

On Apr 15, 10:05�am, DaleW > wrote:
> Betsy made a recipe for duck breast with haricots verts, watercress,
> and candied almonds. Wine was the 2006�Meo-Camuzet Bourgogne. Really
> nice, rich dark fruit balanced by good acidity and some light ripe
> tannins. Medium to full bodied, earthy, maybe a touch of well
> integrated oak. Nice concentration and length for the level, why
> didn't I buy more of this!?!?!
> B++
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
> excellent�wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
> wouldn't�drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
> offer no�promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
> consistency.��

What is the price point on the Meo?

DaleW 15-04-2010 06:36 PM

TN: Meo Camuzet Bourgogne AC

On Apr 15, 12:32*pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Apr 15, 10:05 am, DaleW > wrote:
>
> > Betsy made a recipe for duck breast with haricots verts, watercress,
> > and candied almonds. Wine was the 2006 Meo-Camuzet Bourgogne. Really
> > nice, rich dark fruit balanced by good acidity and some light ripe
> > tannins. Medium to full bodied, earthy, maybe a touch of well
> > integrated oak. Nice concentration and length for the level, why
> > didn't I buy more of this!?!?!
> > B++

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
> > excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
> > wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
> > offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
> > consistency.

> What is the price point on the Meo?

it's usually about $30, but I bought three bottles (why didn't I get
case?) at $20 from Grapes (the one in NY run by Daniel Posner, not the
con job Grapes in CT).

Bi!! 15-04-2010 07:22 PM

TN: Meo Camuzet Bourgogne AC

On Apr 15, 1:36�pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Apr 15, 12:32�pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 15, 10:05 am, DaleW > wrote:

> > > Betsy made a recipe for duck breast with haricots verts, watercress,
> > > and candied almonds. Wine was the 2006 Meo-Camuzet Bourgogne. Really
> > > nice, rich dark fruit balanced by good acidity and some light ripe
> > > tannins. Medium to full bodied, earthy, maybe a touch of well
> > > integrated oak. Nice concentration and length for the level, why
> > > didn't I buy more of this!?!?!
> > > B++

> > > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
> > > excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
> > > wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
> > > offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
> > > consistency.

> > What is the price point on the Meo?

> it's usually about $30, but I bought three bottles (why didn't I get
> case?) at $20 from Grapes (the one in NY run by Daniel Posner, not the
> con job Grapes in CT).- Hide quoted text -

Nice price Meo is usually good stuff.