Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Bad match, good wine (Texier Macon)

Sometimes you just open something because you feel like trying it.
Betsy said we were having vegetable soup, tofu, and daikon salad. I
had a white Burg I wanted to try, thought it might go ok. Well, it
turns out the soup was with shiitake and beech mushrooms, hot
peppers, and a Chinese seasoned broth; meanwhile. the tofu was in
fried in a chili pepper sauce. Tough for any wine, maybe an off-dry
Riesling or Chenin might have worked. I pretty much stuck to water,
and had the wine afterwards.

Wine may not have been a match, but it was a delicous Chardonnay. It
was the 2007 Eric Texier Macon-Bussieres Tres Vieilles Vignes.
Surprisingly, I thought this was a bit rounder/fatter than the 2005 of
this wine. Still, there is a nice balanced streak of acid. Nose of
flowers and ripe white fruits, on palate quite full, with pears,
citrus, and a little nutty note. Nice concentration, balanced. Very
nice wine, and I wish I had chosen match better. B+/A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**

TN: Run of good wines, from Macon, Nahe, Loire, and Santa Maria Valley DaleW Wine 1 22-02-2011 12:43 AM
Wine match for jellyfish! st.helier[_1_] Wine 7 02-10-2008 09:26 AM
Food-Wine match? p.k.[_2_] Wine 7 02-12-2007 07:46 PM
TN atypical but good Macon, typical but faux Soave DaleW Wine 1 20-08-2007 02:42 PM
TN: excellent Lafarge, good Cline, so-so Qba and Macon Dale Williams Wine 1 23-12-2004 07:22 PM