Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Lafon, Tignanello

Back in Ohio for the summer and we joined some friends for dinner. We
opened a bottle of 2005 Dom. Comtes Lafon Meursault Genevrieres with
mussel soup. The wine was pale gold in the glass. Great nose of
granny smith apples and lemon pie. Incredible balance showing ripe
fruit up front on the palate then a nice acidity on the finish. Best
white burg so far this year. "A". With grilled rib eyes we opened a
bottle of 1999 Tignanello. Really showing well right now. Deep
complex aromas of dried cherries, exotic spice and oaky vanilla.
Smooth and rich on the palate with up from Sangiovese notes of cherry
and red berries with a bit of Cabernet body and grip on the black
fruit finish with hints of leather and cedar. I don't see this one
getting any better but really teriffic right now.

94 Tignanello, 94 La Mouline and other lunch notes Bill S. Wine 1 15-03-2012 02:05 AM
Semper, Caymus Tignanello Bi!! Wine 0 20-03-2011 03:01 PM
TN: Bachelet and Lafon DaleW Wine 2 23-07-2010 02:26 PM
[TN] '88 Lafon Volnay Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 4 09-11-2008 09:24 PM
TN Tignanello 1979 Cwdjrx _ Wine 0 01-02-2004 11:08 PM