Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese1971 (long gold capsule), J.J.Prum

I bought 11 bottles of Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese1971 (long gold
capsule), J.J.Prum, A.P. NR. 2576511-2972 soon after release, and this
is the second bottle I have opened. The wine has been properly stored,
and there were no cork or other issues. The fill was high neck. and
the cork still was very firm.

The color is gold. The bouquet and taste are very complex and very
long. There is some old Riesling petrol character that integrates
well. The wine reminds me of a complex mixture of very ripe yellow
fruits such as apricots, yellow peaches,etc with some wild flower
honey, a bit of mixed floral character, and a hint of spice. There is
enough acid to balance the great sweetness. To me this is about as
good as a Mosel auslese gets, and I find nothing to complain about. I
have not tasted J.J. Prum's 1971 Wehlener Sonnenuhr TBA. I have 2
bottles. It likely will be much more concentrated than the auslese
tasted, but the auslese will be a difficult act to follow.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 22, 12:32*am, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
> I bought 11 bottles of Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese1971 (long gold
> capsule), J.J.Prum, A.P. NR. 2576511-2972 soon after release, and this
> is the second bottle I have opened. The wine has been properly stored,
> and there were no cork or other issues. The fill was high neck. and
> the cork still was very firm.
>
> The color is gold. The bouquet and taste are very complex and very
> long. There is some old Riesling petrol character that integrates
> well. The wine reminds me of a complex mixture of very ripe yellow
> fruits such as apricots, yellow *peaches,etc with some wild flower
> honey, a bit of mixed floral character, and a hint of spice. There is
> enough acid to balance the great sweetness. To me this is about as
> good as a Mosel auslese gets, and I find nothing to complain about. *I
> have not tasted J.J. Prum's 1971 Wehlener Sonnenuhr TBA. I have 2
> bottles. It likely will be much more concentrated than the auslese
> tasted, but the auslese will be a difficult act to follow.

Can I just say "wow" ?