Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 Riesling (Wachau, MSR), 1 PN (Chambolle)

During "wine dispersal Sunday" (getting some cooperative buys to some
friends) the 2007 Selbach-Oster "Zeltinger Sonnenuhr" Kabinett. Slight
hint of spritz, Granny Smith apple and lemon zest, nice balance of
sweetness and acidity. Good length, nice wine, B+

I made salmon filets over a bed of French lentils, with a roasted root
vegetable (everything leftover in fridge) side and a salad. Wine was
the 2001 Herve Sigaut Chambolle Musigny. A fairly recent acquisition.
Normally I only buy from a trusted list of Burgundy producers, but
Chambolle produced a lot of over-achievers in '01, and this was cheap.
Started off on the thinner side, with a tart edge. With some air it
showed quite a bit of sweet red fruit , and inklings of some depth and
complexity. It ain't Roumier, it's not even Drouhin, but a solid
maturing Chambolle for a bargain price. B

For Meatless Monday I did a Singapore stirfry of tofu, cabbage, and
leeks. The seasoning leaned heavy on the ginger, so I went with
Riesling, a 2001 Prager "Markus Prachensky -California Revisited"
Smaragd. What a name! Apparently this is an artist series type wine,
named after the label design (I quite like the label,a bold red/black
abstract expressionist-esque piece). The wine is rather bold too- big
ripe yellow plums and peaches, a honied note though it's definitely a
dry wine. Talc-y chalky mineral edge, big, quite long on the finish.
Just a hint of incipent petrol, peppery spice. Very interesting wine.
More of a Pollock/de Kooning than a Newman/Kline. A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**

[TN] '09 Domäne Wachau GV Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 28-03-2011 03:06 AM
TN: Bdx, CA, NM, and Wachau DaleW Wine 0 13-12-2010 01:54 PM
TN: Cali PN and Wachau GV DaleW Wine 11 30-03-2009 08:02 PM
[TN] '06 Domäne Wachau Grüner Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 12-05-2008 09:24 PM
TN: 04 Domane Wachau GV DaleW Wine 0 16-08-2006 06:56 PM