FoodBanter.com

-   -   Kosta Browne (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/393935-kosta-browne.html)

Howie 16-02-2010 04:53 AM

Kosta Browne

After 3 years I have finally received my allocation from Kosta Browne.
Tell me was it worth the wait?

Anders Tørneskog 16-02-2010 10:23 AM

Kosta Browne

"Howie" > skrev i melding
> After 3 years I have finally received my allocation from Kosta Browne.
> Tell me was it worth the wait?

What is 'Kosta Browne'? Oh, I googled it - a small winery in California.
Open a bottle and tell us whether you liked it or not.

Anders

Emery Davis[_3_] 16-02-2010 02:11 PM

Kosta Browne

On 02/16/2010 12:03 PM, Mike Tommasi wrote:
> Anders Tørneskog wrote:
>> "Howie" > skrev i melding
>>> After 3 years I have finally received my allocation from Kosta Browne.
>>> Tell me was it worth the wait?

>> What is 'Kosta Browne'? Oh, I googled it - a small winery in
>> California. Open a bottle and tell us whether you liked it or not.

> An allusion to la Côte Brune section of the Côte Rôtie? :-)

Or perhaps Mr. Brown is outta town? :/

-E

Mark Lipton[_1_] 16-02-2010 03:06 PM

Kosta Browne

On 2/15/10 11:53 PM, Howie wrote:
> After 3 years I have finally received my allocation from Kosta Browne.
> Tell me was it worth the wait?

Howie,
You are the only one who can make that call, I'm afraid. Kosta
Browne makes highly extracted, very dark and alcoholic Pinot Noir. If
that's the style you like, I'm fairly sure that you'll enjoy the K-B
wines. If not, you can certainly resell them on Winebid or Winecommune
for at least as much as you paid for them ;-)

Mark Lipton

Bill S. 16-02-2010 03:34 PM

Kosta Browne

The 2006 Sonoma KB was pleasant and even light, but with a bit high
alcohol. Leaner that usual, so they do vary.

Silat[_2_] 16-02-2010 08:47 PM

Kosta Browne

"Howie" > wrote in message
> After 3 years I have finally received my allocation from Kosta Browne.
> Tell me was it worth the wait?

Mrs. Browne has a lovely daughter :)

Lew

Bi!! 18-02-2010 08:10 PM

Kosta Browne

On Feb 16, 5:23�am, "Anders T�rneskog" >
wrote:
> "Howie" > skrev i ...
>
> > After 3 years I have finally received my allocation from Kosta Browne.
> > Tell me was it worth the wait?

> What is 'Kosta Browne'? �Oh, I googled it - a small winery in California.
> Open a bottle and tell us whether you liked it or not.
>
> Anders

It's the last names of the founders of a very highly acclaimed
California Pinot Noir producer. Not my style but many folks think
it's one of the top Pinot producers in America.