Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Alsace PG, Bandol blanc, and St Julien

Betsy made stirfried hokkien noodles with chicken and mushrooms, along
with a sprout salad and a asparagus/snowpea salad. Wine was the 2000
Trimach "Reserve Personnelle" Pinot Gris. Rich, very floral, slight
petrolly odors, lots of pear and apricot fruit. Good balanced acidity,
I'm surprised for Trimbach to find this definitely has some RS, nice
length. Very nice wine, even if not exactly what I expected. B+/A-

Tonight was bouillabaise, with an orange/fennel/romaine salad and the
2008 Lafran-Veyrolles*Bandol Blanc. Citrus zest, some floral acccents,
medium acidity. B

I also opened a half-bottle of 2004 Ch. Lagrange (St Julien) since
Dave prefers red. Solid blackcurrant fruit, some green leafy edges,
cocoa, just a hint of sweet vanilla. Really showing well right now
from half. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**