Posted to alt.food.wine

Default a few of recent ones

I get to have a business lunch too, sometimes! This one was at Le
Scheffer, classic bistro good as always, with a pitcher of Ch. Le Ligre
Chinon (probably 2007, but who knows). Good typicity, pretty simple but
silky and fit the bill. A decent tipple.

'98 Beaurenard Chateauneuf du Pape, I report as the state of the '98s
has come up recently. This is the regular domaine bottling. Quite
supple, a big mouthful of kirsch with solid backbone of tannins. Was
too cold -- and I confess I nuked or "grilled" it for 30 s at 850 watts
already -- but the nose slowly developed into a full sweet one over
time. Excellent.

'86 La Louviere, the old fella is fading in my glass even as I write.
Didn't have much expectations, even for a vinonecropheliac, but it
opened with a terrific plum and tobacco nose, and good if diffuse Graves
character with various layers and actually decent length. A very
pleasant surprise and a fine geriatric example of good storage (pats
self on back.)

-E

[LONG] Recent and not-so-recent wines Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 9 17-01-2014 10:28 PM
TN's: recent ones [email protected] Wine 0 21-01-2005 03:54 PM
3 recent ones [email protected] Wine 2 22-12-2004 09:07 PM
TN: 3 recent ones Markus Wine 1 17-11-2004 02:53 PM
Recent TN's Wine 4 26-08-2004 05:08 PM