FoodBanter.com

-   -   a few of recent ones (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/393485-few-recent-ones.html)

Emery Davis[_3_] 30-01-2010 10:57 PM

a few of recent ones

I get to have a business lunch too, sometimes! This one was at Le
Scheffer, classic bistro good as always, with a pitcher of Ch. Le Ligre
Chinon (probably 2007, but who knows). Good typicity, pretty simple but
silky and fit the bill. A decent tipple.

'98 Beaurenard Chateauneuf du Pape, I report as the state of the '98s
has come up recently. This is the regular domaine bottling. Quite
supple, a big mouthful of kirsch with solid backbone of tannins. Was
too cold -- and I confess I nuked or "grilled" it for 30 s at 850 watts
already -- but the nose slowly developed into a full sweet one over
time. Excellent.

'86 La Louviere, the old fella is fading in my glass even as I write.
Didn't have much expectations, even for a vinonecropheliac, but it
opened with a terrific plum and tobacco nose, and good if diffuse Graves
character with various layers and actually decent length. A very
pleasant surprise and a fine geriatric example of good storage (pats
self on back.)

-E