Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Cuvee Freddy

No wine last night ((working), but just realized I didn't post on
Wednesday's winner. Betsy made veal piccata, with an anchovy accented
Swiss chard dish as the side. I thought about a big Italian white,
but none were easily accessible. So how about a non-traditional match,
the 2002 Trimbach Cuvee Frederic Emile Riesling. It actually worked
pretty well, the lemon accents of the dish and wine playing well, and
wine big enough to stand up to the capers. Lemon and grapefruit,
limestone and wet rocks. Good ripeness but plenty of acidic spine,
excellent length. I'd be hard pressed to declare a favorite between
this and the regular 2001. Lovely wine, a bargain at $40. A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 22, 11:40*am, DaleW > wrote:
> No wine last night ((working), but just realized I didn't post on
> Wednesday's winner. Betsy made veal piccata, with an anchovy accented
> Swiss chard dish as the side. *I thought about a big Italian white,
> but none were easily accessible. So how about a non-traditional match,
> the *2002 Trimbach Cuvee Frederic Emile Riesling. *It actually worked
> pretty well, the lemon accents of the dish and wine playing well, and
> wine big enough to stand up to the capers. Lemon and grapefruit,
> limestone and wet rocks. Good ripeness but plenty of acidic spine,
> excellent length. I'd be hard pressed to declare a favorite between
> this and the regular 2001. *Lovely wine, a bargain at $40. A-
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
> excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
> wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
> offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
> consistency.**

I bought at Wine Connection in Pound Ridge, $450 a case, but I see
Sherry Lehmann's current sale has it slightly cheaper right now
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 22, 12:23*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Jan 22, 11:40*am, DaleW > wrote:
>

> > No wine last night ((working), but just realized I didn't post on
> > Wednesday's winner. Betsy made veal piccata, with an anchovy accented
> > Swiss chard dish as the side. *I thought about a big Italian white,
> > but none were easily accessible. So how about a non-traditional match,
> > the *2002 Trimbach Cuvee Frederic Emile Riesling. *It actually worked
> > pretty well, the lemon accents of the dish and wine playing well, and
> > wine big enough to stand up to the capers. Lemon and grapefruit,
> > limestone and wet rocks. Good ripeness but plenty of acidic spine,
> > excellent length. I'd be hard pressed to declare a favorite between
> > this and the regular 2001. *Lovely wine, a bargain at $40. A-

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
> > excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
> > wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
> > offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
> > consistency.**

> I bought at Wine Connection in Pound Ridge, $450 a case, but I see
> Sherry Lehmann's current sale has it slightly cheaper right now

Actually, S-L is listing both the 2002 and 2004 for $37, and the 97
CSH for a good price ($130-something). Sherry Lehmann currently has
free shipping on orders over $250 anywhere in US. Serious bargain
potential.

Cuvee Dee Dovey Wine 1 10-01-2010 05:55 AM
TN: Cuvee Buster with flatfish DaleW Wine 0 03-01-2010 03:36 AM
[TN] '90 Cuveé du Papet Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 9 13-06-2008 03:38 PM
TN: Worthy Sophia's Cuvee DaleW Wine 0 13-04-2005 09:29 PM
RC-212 and Premier Cuvee Michael Winemaking 1 20-10-2003 02:56 AM