FoodBanter.com

-   -   BREAKING NEWS: Robert Parker dies! (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/393182-breaking-news-robert-parker.html)

Mark Lipton[_1_] 20-01-2010 08:53 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Robert Parker dies!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/books/20parker.html

;-)

Mark Lipton

cwdjrxyz 20-01-2010 09:31 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Robert Parker dies!

On Jan 20, 2:53*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/books/20parker.html
>
> ;-)
>
> Mark Lipton

I checked my calendar to make sure it was not April 1. Then I read the
N.Y. Times article. As the Times usually is accurate on such matters,
it seems fairly certain that the writer Robert Parker did die
recently.

Mike Hagley 20-01-2010 11:15 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Robert Parker dies!

Yes, the author Robert Parker died. It is not the Robert Parker of Wine
Advocate fame.

Mike

Mark Lipton[_1_] 20-01-2010 11:30 PM

On 1/20/10 6:15 PM, Mike Hagley wrote:
> Yes, the author Robert Parker died. It is not the Robert Parker of Wine
> Advocate fame.

Spoilsport! :P

Mark Lipton

Steve Slatcher 20-01-2010 11:49 PM

On 20/01/2010 20:53, Mark Lipton wrote:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/books/20parker.html

I dare you to post it on eBob. Go on - you know you want to.

Mark Lipton[_1_] 21-01-2010 01:50 AM

On 1/20/10 6:49 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
> On 20/01/2010 20:53, Mark Lipton wrote:
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/books/20parker.html

> I dare you to post it on eBob. Go on - you know you want to.

ROFL!! I'd have to register before I could, Steve. What are the chances
that Mao would allow me a second post? :P

Mark Lipton