Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Cos, Mortet, Aubert, etc.

Had friends visiting this weekend so we had drinks then dinner on the
terrace.

With assorted cold fresh shellfish:
2007 Aubert Lauren Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay-my first taste of
Aubert. A bit cloudy in the glass. Nose of oranges and lemons.
Quite ripe pear and white peach notes on the palate with a finish of
fresh Meyer lemon. Just a tad bit soft for my tastes but quite rich
and polished. "B+"

2002 Olivier Leflaive Montrachet-Shimmering gold in the glass. Very
fresh nose of lemon zest a bit of vanilla and crushed gravel.
Explosive flavors on the palate. A burst of lemon zest, a fair amount
of fresh apple and a very clear minerality. The wine changed with
each sip. "A"

With fresh tomato salad & burrata:
2007 Pieropan Soave Classico-Brilliant nose of lemon/lime with a hint
a salinity. Very nice on the palate with a terrific balance of fruit
and acidity. Plenty of fresh lemon with a bit of fennel on the
finish. "B+/A-"

With Wild Mushroom Risotto & Red Cow Parmigiano

2004 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin Les Champeaux-Ruby red in the
glass. Rich ripe noe of crushed red raspberries and blackberries.
Smooth on the palate with plum, blackberry and black cherry notes.
Plenty of mushroom and minerality on the finish. A bit concentrated.
"B+/A-"

With Grilled Ribeye Steaks and Fingerling potato salad:
2000 Cos d' Estorunel-Dark purple almost black in the glass. Effusvie
nose of cassis and oaky vanilla. Still quite young and primary
although the tannins were quite smooth and polished. Plenty of black
fruits, a bit of anise and cedar. Still very young. "A-"

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 1/19/10 12:06 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> Had friends visiting this weekend so we had drinks then dinner on the
> terrace.
>
> With assorted cold fresh shellfish:
> 2007 Aubert Lauren Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay-my first taste of
> Aubert. A bit cloudy in the glass. Nose of oranges and lemons.
> Quite ripe pear and white peach notes on the palate with a finish of
> fresh Meyer lemon. Just a tad bit soft for my tastes but quite rich
> and polished. "B+"

Thanks for the note on this, Dale. I have a bottle of Aubert Chard,
untried so far, that I bought on the recommendation of FL Jim Cowan.
Maybe it wasn't a mistake....

Nice selection of wines!
Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 19, 1:43�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 1/19/10 12:06 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>
> > Had friends visiting this weekend so we had drinks then dinner on the
> > terrace.

> > With assorted cold fresh shellfish:
> > 2007 Aubert Lauren Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay-my first taste of
> > Aubert. �A bit cloudy in the glass. �Nose of oranges and lemons.
> > Quite ripe pear and white peach notes on the palate with a finish of
> > fresh Meyer lemon. �Just a tad bit soft for my tastes but quite rich
> > and polished. "B+"

> Thanks for the note on this, Dale. �I have a bottle of Aubert Chard,
> untried so far, that I bought on the recommendation of FL Jim Cowan.
> Maybe it wasn't a mistake....
>
> Nice selection of wines!
> Mark Lipton

The wines were gifts from my guests except for the Mortet.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 19, 1:43*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 1/19/10 12:06 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>
> > Had friends visiting this weekend so we had drinks then dinner on the
> > terrace.

> > With assorted cold fresh shellfish:
> > 2007 Aubert Lauren Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay-my first taste of
> > Aubert. *A bit cloudy in the glass. *Nose of oranges and lemons.
> > Quite ripe pear and white peach notes on the palate with a finish of
> > fresh Meyer lemon. *Just a tad bit soft for my tastes but quite rich
> > and polished. "B+"

> Thanks for the note on this, Dale. *I have a bottle of Aubert Chard,
> untried so far, that I bought on the recommendation of FL Jim Cowan.
> Maybe it wasn't a mistake....
>
> Nice selection of wines!
> Mark Lipton

You're quite welcome, though it was Bill's note.

Sounds like a good year for the Pieropan regular bottling
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 1/19/10 2:15 PM, Bi!! wrote:

> The wines were gifts from my guests except for the Mortet.

Nice friends, then, too, Bill (and sorry for calling you Dale in my

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 19, 2:28�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 1/19/10 2:15 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>

> > The wines were gifts from my guests except for the Mortet.

> Nice friends, then, too, Bill (and sorry for calling you Dale in my
>
> Mark Lipton

When you have a place on the beach in Florida in the winter you'd be
surprised at the friends that you have!

2012 Aubert Carneros Chardonnay Bi!! Wine 0 09-06-2015 02:30 PM
2006 Denis Mortet Gevrey Chambertin Bi!! Wine 0 09-02-2012 05:19 PM
Mortet and Barnett Bi!! Wine 5 11-01-2008 11:25 PM
RIP Denis Mortet Bi!! Wine 3 02-02-2006 02:30 AM
TN: Saturday dinner- Kistler, Aubert, Kracher, ZH, Donnhoff, Muga Dale Williams Wine 3 03-11-2004 02:15 PM