Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: a nice white from Marsannay

On way back from city last night stopped at the uptown Fairway for
some fish as well as staples. Got home, I made chard and skate
Grenobloise while Betsy used up some leftover rice by making fried
rice. Nice dinner, accompanied by the Bart "Les Favieres Chardonnay
Musque" Marsannay blanc. OK, I'm assuming Les Favieres is a lieu dit,
and Musque a clone (I've heard of Sauvignon Blanc Musque though not
Chardonnau). Not very musky, more of a clean floral nose. Medium
bodied, crisp Bosc pear fruit, good acids, nice length for a $20
white Burg. Something a bit more tangy like an Italian white might
have been a better match with the caper sauce, but this did ok, and
the match is my fault not the wine in any case. Another glass later in
evening is quite satisfying, and I'll order more. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**

TN: 2 Loire(ish) reds, Marsannay, Provencal and Rheingau roses DaleW Wine 2 18-07-2016 09:38 PM
TN: Wines al fresco, mostly rose, plus a Volnay, Marsannay white,Bandol red, etc DaleW Wine 0 04-07-2010 01:04 AM
TN: Nice village Meursault AC, dull Chablis AC, nice Margaux AC DaleW Wine 0 20-02-2010 10:45 PM
TN: overachieving Marsannay DaleW Wine 0 02-09-2009 08:39 PM
TN: 2002 Meó-Camuzet Marsannay Mark Lipton Wine 0 13-11-2006 05:37 AM