FoodBanter.com

-   -   Deutz, Coche and Pegau (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/392911-deutz-coche-pegau.html)

Bi!! 11-01-2010 04:44 PM

Deutz, Coche and Pegau

We're off to Marco Island Florida for the duration of winter and had
dinner with friends at our favorite restaurant in Columbus before
leaving.

2000 Dom Perignon-as a gift from the owner we each had a glass of the
2000 Dom Perignon. Bright lively lemon and orange peel with a touch
of buttered toast of the finish. "A-"

with various starters including sweetbreads, wild mushroom tortes and
salmon mousse
1996 Deutz Rose-Sweet fruit on the front end. Strawberry and red
raspberry. Nice rose but I've had better. "B"

With Dover Sole with Lobster sauce:

2004 Coche Dury Meursault Caillerets-This wine needs a few more
years. Big toasty oak flavors up front with tart lemon peel and
buttered apple notes. WOnderful but will get better. "A"

with Onglet of Beef

2001 Pegau CdP Reservee-This wine needs more time also. Big
blockbuster fruit with cassis, black cherry, anise and red raspberry
liquor flavors. Big and concentrated yet smooth plush tannins. "A"

Mark Lipton[_1_] 11-01-2010 07:00 PM

Deutz, Coche and Pegau

Bi!! wrote:

> with Onglet of Beef
>
> 2001 Pegau CdP Reservee-This wine needs more time also. Big
> blockbuster fruit with cassis, black cherry, anise and red raspberry
> liquor flavors. Big and concentrated yet smooth plush tannins. "A"

Thanks for the note about this wine, Bill. I recently traded two
bottles of the '00 Reservee for two bottles of the '01, so I now have 4
bottles of this (I originally ordered 3 bottles from a local retailer,
but they delivered 3 of the '00, so I've been scrambling to redress that
problem since). From the stretch of years '98-'01, I think that '01
will be my stylistic favorite, followed by '99, then '98 and '00. I
also think that '01 will take the longest time to reach maturity, though.

Mark Lipton

Bi!! 11-01-2010 08:04 PM

Deutz, Coche and Pegau

On Jan 11, 2:00�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Bi!! wrote:
> > with Onglet of Beef

> > 2001 Pegau CdP Reservee-This wine needs more time also. �Big
> > blockbuster fruit with cassis, black cherry, anise and red raspberry
> > liquor flavors. �Big and concentrated yet smooth plush tannins. �"A"

> Thanks for the note about this wine, Bill. �I recently traded two
> bottles of the '00 Reservee for two bottles of the '01, so I now have 4
> bottles of this (I originally ordered 3 bottles from a local retailer,
> but they delivered 3 of the '00, so I've been scrambling to redress that
> problem since). �From the stretch of years '98-'01, I think that '01
> will be my stylistic favorite, followed by '99, then '98 and '00. �I
> also think that '01 will take the longest time to reach maturity, though.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

No doubt that the 01 will take longest. I had the '98 recently and it
was drinking beautifully if not still a tad youthful and fruity.

DaleW 12-01-2010 06:53 PM

Deutz, Coche and Pegau

On Jan 11, 11:44*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> We're off to Marco Island Florida for the duration of winter and had
> dinner with friends at our favorite restaurant in Columbus before
> leaving.
>
> 2000 Dom Perignon-as a gift from the owner we each had a glass of the
> 2000 Dom Perignon. *Bright lively lemon and orange peel with a touch
> of buttered toast of the finish. *"A-"
>
> with various starters including sweetbreads, wild mushroom tortes and
> salmon mousse
> 1996 Deutz Rose-Sweet fruit on the front end. *Strawberry and red
> raspberry. *Nice rose but I've had better. "B"
>
> With Dover Sole with Lobster sauce:
>
> 2004 Coche Dury Meursault Caillerets-This wine needs a few more
> years. *Big toasty oak flavors up front with tart lemon peel and
> buttered apple notes. *WOnderful but will get better. "A"
>
> with Onglet of Beef
>
> 2001 Pegau CdP Reservee-This wine needs more time also. *Big
> blockbuster fruit with cassis, black cherry, anise and red raspberry
> liquor flavors. *Big and concentrated yet smooth plush tannins. *"A"

Thanks for the notes. I've had several nice Deutz bubblies last few
years, but the rose seemed the least attractive. I like 2001 in
southern Rhone.