FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cuvee (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/392852-cuvee.html)

Dee Dovey 10-01-2010 05:25 AM

Cuvee

Looking for the word "cuvee" as I bought a bottle of Casa Lapostolle, 2006
Apalta Vineyard, Merlot, Colchauga Valley, with written handwriting on label
"Cuvee Alexandre."
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...inition&aqi=l1

I found that "cuvee" actually has many definitions, so it is a mystery as
how it might apply to this particular wine of
http://www.casalapostolle.com/Lapost...dex.php?id=322
who live in Switzerland and have their roots in France, as I read the
paragraph.

As note in the below link, you might stay at the "Residence" in Chile
"Casa Lapostolle, the family-owned producer of premium Chilean wine,
celebrate the opening of its striking state-of-the-art gravity-fed Winery &
Lapostolle Residence, dedicated solely to the production of its flagship
wine Clos Apalta"
http://www.lapostolle.com/LapostolleResidence/home.php

I think now is a good time to study my copy of "Mondo Vino" to refresh
myself on what a small world this is.

Enjoying the Lapostolle. Costco $17.99 U.S.

Dee Dee

st.helier[_3_] 10-01-2010 06:55 AM

Cuvee

"Dee Dovey" wrote .......