Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: NYS reds, plus some Italians, Loire, Languedoc, and Bdx

Friday Betsy made a rare scheduling goof, agreeing we'd come to a
simple dinner with friends and not noticing that I had a meeting of my
local wine group. Luckily, they're good friends, and were perfectly
happy to have me eat and run (while Betsy and the basset visited with
the hosts and their standard poodle). When we got to their house we
were greeted with a glass of Prosecco, the Riondo "Spago Nero"
Prosecco (Veneto). A touch off-dry, light bubbles, light and
refreshing. B

Dinner was a salad followed by spaghetti with a red sauce, sausages,
and meatballs. A couple of reds were sampled:

2004 Rivera "Il Falcone Riserva" (Castel del Monte)
Not sure exactly where this is from or what grapes. Black cherries,
currant with some firm tannins and some light vanilla/oak notes. Ripe
but with decent acidity, fairly long finish with some spice notes.
This was a little big for the food, but I'd like to try this again in
maybe 5 years to let tannins and oak integrate a bit. A conservative
B.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"DaleW" > ha scritto nel messaggio

2004 Rivera "Il Falcone Riserva" (Castel del Monte)
Not sure exactly where this is from or what grapes. Black cherries,
currant with some firm tannins and some light vanilla/oak notes. Ripe
but with decent acidity, fairly long finish with some spice notes.
This was a little big for the food, but I'd like to try this again in
maybe 5 years to let tannins and oak integrate a bit. A conservative
B.

TN: Church gala, with Mosel, Bdx, Italians, Loire, Cali, CdP etc DaleW Wine 1 27-02-2017 07:27 PM
TN: 3 wines I like- Rioja, Loire, Languedoc DaleW Wine 1 17-03-2011 08:34 PM
TN: Dinner w/Daffoldils (Languedoc, Alsace, Loire, Burg, Sicily,Barsac) DaleW Wine 9 28-04-2009 06:29 PM
TN Loire reds JT Wine 2 15-01-2009 04:19 PM
TN's: recent Italians, and a Port and Loire [email protected] Wine 1 15-12-2004 04:20 AM