FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Dolcetto from 2008 (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/392816-tn-dolcetto-2008-a.html)

DaleW 08-01-2010 10:29 PM

TN: Dolcetto from 2008

With lamb chops with a Calabrese pepper sauce, pasta with pesto, and
broccoli rabe, the 2008 Stefano Farina Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba (I've
had Dolcetto d'Alba before, not sure if di Diano is a subset or
neighbor). Fruit driven, with black cherries and plums, a little anise-
y herb note, solid tannins. OK acidity (about as much could expect
with Dolcetto), tannins stand up to the chops, pleasant if unexciting
wine. B/B-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**

santiago 11-01-2010 11:55 AM

TN: Dolcetto from 2008

DaleW > wrote in news:31822fd6-863e-4d3d-887f-
:
(I've
> had Dolcetto d'Alba before, not sure if di Diano is a subset or
> neighbor).

According to Nicholas Belfrage, in his book From Barolo to Valpolicella,
Diano d'Alba is a lesser zone planted with Dolcetto. So, mostly, a
neighbor.

s.

ViLco 12-01-2010 12:58 PM

Dolcetto from 2008

DaleW wrote:

> With lamb chops with a Calabrese pepper sauce, pasta with pesto, and
> broccoli rabe, the 2008 Stefano Farina Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba (I've
> had Dolcetto d'Alba before, not sure if di Diano is a subset or
> neighbor).

Dolcetto d'Alba DOC can be produced in a wide area spread across the two
provinces of Asti and Cuneo. Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba, or Diano d'Alba, can
be produced only in the municipality of Diano d'Alba, in the province of
Cuneo.
It has a stricter disciplinare than Dolcetto d'Alba and has a lower
production per hectare, 7,2 metric tons instead of 8.
--
Vilco
Don't think pink: drink rosè