FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Jadot/Ferret PF (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/392299-tn-jadot-ferret-pf.html)

DaleW 23-12-2009 03:01 PM

TN: Jadot/Ferret PF

Monday was roast chicken with bread salad, but we only had some
leftover wine with it (Latour Marsannay still stunk). Last night Betsy
made veal chops with sage, with a mashed potato/squash combo and bok
choy. Wine was the*2007 Jadot "Domaine J.A. Ferret" Pouilly Fuisse. I
thought this more Cote d'Or-esque than Maconnish (I love making up
words). Expressive nose -white flowers, hazelnuts, ripe apple. Medium
bodied, pear and lemon on the palate. Good finish, with a bit of oak
and mineral. Solid and classy Chardonnay. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**