Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Lauer Power

Monday I did a" clean out the fridge of leftovers", with the 2008
Peter*Lauer* "Senior" Ayler Kupp Riesling*(there's other stuff on the
label, but these are the words I'm sure of). A Saar that recently had
some not so enthusiastic notes. I'd call this halbtrocken, just a hint
of sweetness, peaches but more dominated by stony minerality. I think
I like it more than recent posters, but it is a little strange, drinks
more like Alsace to me than Saar. Good length. Bordeaux on Tues and no
dinner wine tonight, but I just got back from a stressful though
ultimately good night in the city and am enjoying it more tonight than
Monday. Yellow fruit has filled out, good acids, quite long, mineral
but also plenty of interesting tropical/stone fruits. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**

Power is back on!! I'm back[_2_] General Cooking 20 17-01-2013 03:53 PM
TN: Wines w/o power (well, wines while I had no power- BdM, Loire, 2Sonoma wines) DaleW Wine 2 01-03-2010 10:09 PM
Power 4 Life, pt 28 (The Power of One) Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD General Cooking 0 20-03-2006 04:03 AM
OT Power HUTCHNDI Sourdough 12 11-02-2005 09:58 PM
RIP...The Power Bar Guy Jack Schidt® General Cooking 28 22-03-2004 08:20 PM