Old 02-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Ipavec

Actually, it looks like there are a couple of whites listed as available
besides the Avia:
MOVIA CHARDONNAY 00 $19.49
MOVIA RIBOLLA BRDA 00 $23.99

Hey, check this:
http://www.wein-reisen.com/movia_barrique1.html
http://www.wein-reisen.com/movia_barrique2.html

ORACLE CHARDONNAY 03 $8.99
ORACLE SAUVIGNON BLANC 03 $8.99

Hmm, I can't find any web sites identifying this as Slovenian, but do see a
couple showing it as South African...oh well.

Hello!

Well, I don't think ORACLE wines come from Slovenia. I did not meet such
label in Slovenia yet.

Regards,
Matija

Old 03-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Dan the Man

Ipavec wrote in message ...
Dan the Man wrote:
The only Slovenian wines available here in Pennsylvania are sold under
the Avia label. The Riesling is good for the price (all are
US$7.89/magnum). Never tried the others. Are you familiar with this
label, Ipavec?

Dan-O

Hello, Dan.

Regarding Avia label I know only, that it was established especially for
the export from Slovenia to the USA. I believe that the same wine was
sold in Slovenia under another label, but I am not sure what it is called.

However, I suggest you look for some other slovenian wines. I especially
'promote' wines from western part of Slovenia, that is neighbouring on
the Friuli-Venezia Giulia and Collio regions in Italy.

For example:
- Ipavec (not in the US yet, but we are working on it)
- Movia
- Batic
- Scurek
- Simcic
- ...

Regards,

fI

____________________________________
The IPAVEC family
Osek 4b
5261 Šempas
SLOVENIA

Telefon: +386 5 308 88 69
Fax: +386 5 308 86 10
GSM: +386 41 774 232

www: http://www.vina-ipavec.com

Sure thing, Ipavec. I'll keep looking.

Dan-O
Old 26-11-2020, 11:15 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Slovenian wines - the Ipavec family.

Where in America can we purchase any Ipavec wines? We live in La Palma California (Southern Calif near yet about 30 kilometers south of Los Angeles)
Additionally, my name is Robert Ipavec (retired US Marine Corps) son of Stanislaw Ipavec who was the son of Anton Ipavec who was a farmer and land owner before coming to America to avoid Mussolini. Both my dad and grandpa were born in or around Rocina. (It was Italy when my dad was born and not Italy when Grandpa was born. Grandmamas maiden name was Louise Gec. Both grandpa and grandma were born in the 1880s. Anyone there related? Not often we find an Ipavec anywhere.. thank you in advance for your response.
PS I have a son named Matthew.

--
For full context, visit https://www.drinksforum.com/wine/slo...ily-72331-.htm