st.helier

Default [OT] I am sorry - I couldn't help myself !

Once upon a time, long, long ago, there was a Presidential election that was
too close to call.

Neither the Republican presidential candidate nor the Democratic
presidential candidate had enough votes to win the election.

There was much talk about ballot recounting, about challenges, etc.but it
was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two
candidates to determine the final winner.

Therefore, a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the (manly) way to
settle things.

The candidate that caught the most fish at the end of the week would win.
After a lot of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest
would take place in a remote and cold lake in Wisconsin.

There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out
separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for
counting and verification.

At the end of the first day, Kerry returned to the starting line and he had
10 fish. Bush W returned and had zero fish.

Well, everyone assumed he was just having another bad day or something and
hopefully, he would catch up the next day. At the end of the 2nd day, Kerry
came in with 20 fish and W came in again with none.

That evening, Dick Cheney got together secretly with W and said, "I think
Kerry is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out tomorrow and
don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is cheating in
any way."

The next night (after Kerry came in with 50 fish), Cheney said to Bush,
"Well, what about it, is Kerry cheatin'?"

"He sure is, Dick, he's cutting holes in the ice."

Richard Neidich

That is funny as hell...

Thanks.

Dick

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> Once upon a time, long, long ago, there was a Presidential election that
> was too close to call.
>
> Neither the Republican presidential candidate nor the Democratic
> presidential candidate had enough votes to win the election.
>
> There was much talk about ballot recounting, about challenges, etc.but it
> was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two
> candidates to determine the final winner.
>
> Therefore, a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the (manly) way to
> settle things.
>
> The candidate that caught the most fish at the end of the week would win.
> After a lot of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest
> would take place in a remote and cold lake in Wisconsin.
>
> There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out
> separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for
> counting and verification.
>
> At the end of the first day, Kerry returned to the starting line and he
> had 10 fish. Bush W returned and had zero fish.
>
> Well, everyone assumed he was just having another bad day or something and
> hopefully, he would catch up the next day. At the end of the 2nd day,
> Kerry came in with 20 fish and W came in again with none.
>
> That evening, Dick Cheney got together secretly with W and said, "I think
> Kerry is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out tomorrow
> and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is
> cheating in any way."
>
> The next night (after Kerry came in with 50 fish), Cheney said to Bush,
> "Well, what about it, is Kerry cheatin'?"
>
> "He sure is, Dick, he's cutting holes in the ice."

Hunt

In article <1096332539.491958@ftpsrv1>, says...

>Once upon a time, long, long ago, there was a Presidential election that was
>too close to call.
>
>Neither the Republican presidential candidate nor the Democratic
>presidential candidate had enough votes to win the election.
>
>There was much talk about ballot recounting, about challenges, etc.but it
>was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two
>candidates to determine the final winner.
>
>Therefore, a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the (manly) way to
>settle things.
>
>The candidate that caught the most fish at the end of the week would win.
>After a lot of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest
>would take place in a remote and cold lake in Wisconsin.
>
>There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out
>separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for
>counting and verification.
>
>At the end of the first day, Kerry returned to the starting line and he had
>10 fish. Bush W returned and had zero fish.
>
>Well, everyone assumed he was just having another bad day or something and
>hopefully, he would catch up the next day. At the end of the 2nd day, Kerry
>came in with 20 fish and W came in again with none.
>
>That evening, Dick Cheney got together secretly with W and said, "I think
>Kerry is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out tomorrow and
>don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is cheating in
>any way."
>
>The next night (after Kerry came in with 50 fish), Cheney said to Bush,
>"Well, what about it, is Kerry cheatin'?"
>
>"He sure is, Dick, he's cutting holes in the ice."

Thanks, a good one. I had heard that Qiwis had a good sense of humor. At least
Bush was being as ethical as he could with his "mis-understanding" the rules.
It'll be interesting how it all sorts out. Now, just to keep your post as on-
topic as I can, it's time to choose the wine to go with my fish this evening.
Though I don't know if I'll use any catsup, either W, or Heinz. <G>

Hunt

st.helier

"Hunt" wrote in message

>Now, just to keep your post as on- topic as I can,
> it's time to choose the wine to go with my fish this evening.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record -zip
At the risk of sounding like a broken record -zip
At the risk of sounding like a broken rec...........

White fleshed ocean fish?

Palliser Estate Sauvignon Blanc [Martinborough, NZ]

--

st.helier

st.helier

"Hunt" wrote in message

>Now, just to keep your post as on- topic as I can,
> it's time to choose the wine to go with my fish this evening.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record -zip
At the risk of sounding like a broken record -zip
At the risk of sounding like a broken rec...........

White fleshed ocean fish?

Palliser Estate Sauvignon Blanc [Martinborough, NZ]

--

st.helier

Hunt

In article >,
says...

>"Hunt" wrote in message
>
>>Now, just to keep your post as on- topic as I can,
>> it's time to choose the wine to go with my fish this evening.
>>

>At the risk of sounding like a broken record -zip
>At the risk of sounding like a broken record -zip
>At the risk of sounding like a broken rec...........
>
>White fleshed ocean fish?
>
>Palliser Estate Sauvignon Blanc [Martinborough, NZ]
>
>--
>
>st.helier

Not familiar with it, but I'll take your rec and go out and get some. With
maybe one exception, I've never met a NZ SB that I didn't really like, and
most that I love.
Thanks,
Hunt

John Smith

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> Once upon a time, long, long ago, there was a Presidential election that
> was too close to call.
>
> Neither the Republican presidential candidate nor the Democratic
> presidential candidate had enough votes to win the election.
>
> There was much talk about ballot recounting, about challenges, etc.but it
> was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two
> candidates to determine the final winner.
>
> Therefore, a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the (manly) way to
> settle things.
>
> The candidate that caught the most fish at the end of the week would win.
> After a lot of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest
> would take place in a remote and cold lake in Wisconsin.
>
> There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out
> separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for
> counting and verification.
>
> At the end of the first day, Kerry returned to the starting line and he
> had 10 fish. Bush W returned and had zero fish.
>
> Well, everyone assumed he was just having another bad day or something and
> hopefully, he would catch up the next day. At the end of the 2nd day,
> Kerry came in with 20 fish and W came in again with none.
>
> That evening, Dick Cheney got together secretly with W and said, "I think
> Kerry is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out tomorrow
> and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is
> cheating in any way."
>
> The next night (after Kerry came in with 50 fish), Cheney said to Bush,
> "Well, what about it, is Kerry cheatin'?"
>
> "He sure is, Dick, he's cutting holes in the ice."

Couldn't believe it.... Evelyn Diabetic 7 01-10-2009 06:49 PM
I couldn't do it! Julie Bove Diabetic 0 15-11-2008 04:16 AM
I couldn't do it. Julie Bove Diabetic 3 02-01-2008 11:57 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Andy[_2_] General Cooking 6 28-05-2007 08:06 PM
I couldn't wait . . . had to Q! Kevin Craig Barbecue 1 22-08-2004 03:39 AM