Dale Williams

Default TN: Meo-Camuzet bourgogne

Another night home alone while Betsy worked; just me, some leftovers, and the
2002 Méo-Camuzet Bourgogne (rouge). Big ripe Pinot, kirsch and dark berry
fruit, some oak, and rather substantial tannins for a basic Bourgogne. Very
sweet ripe fruit, forward and beefy. There's an earthy edge that says Burgundy,
but other than that it could past for a rather substantial Russian River Valley
PN. Doesn't have the delicacy that I prize in pinot, but a nice wine. But more
of a steak wine. B/B+ But for $25 I think I'll probably pass on more.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a
good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where
it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy,
and certainly not of consistency.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply