RV WRLee

<snip>
Ian Hoare wrote:
>Nearly. down two letters. Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) is the stuff. My
>standard method of preventing fruit browning is to make a very dilute
>solution of Vitamin C (1/4 tsp per quart) and to drop the
>apple/pear/peach/whatever quarters into it, before further processing.

I use a squeeze of lemon juice in a bowl of water to the same effect.

Bi!!
Joe Rosenberg

Let me see now we've had almost as many comments on this and related threads
about Sig. Scarpotti as Mickey D's has carbs and sodium. IMHO this
gentleman is no troll but a very undereducated amateur posing as an expert.
This is not our friend Rosayouknowho or someone selling trinkets just some
one who is often misinformed. Show him the light brethren rather then fling
flames at him.

--
Joe "Beppe" Rosenberg
"RV WRLee" > wrote in message
> <snip>
> Ian Hoare wrote:
> >Nearly. down two letters. Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) is the stuff. My
> >standard method of preventing fruit browning is to make a very dilute
> >solution of Vitamin C (1/4 tsp per quart) and to drop the
> >apple/pear/peach/whatever quarters into it, before further processing.

> I use a squeeze of lemon juice in a bowl of water to the same effect.
>

> Bi!!

st.helier

Kia Ora, Joseph - about time you crawled out from your marital pit!!!

I respond with tongue in cheek and foot in mouth :-)))

> Let me see now we've had almost as many comments on this and related
> threads about Sig. Scarpotti as Mickey D's has carbs and sodium.
> IMHO this gentleman is no troll but a very undereducated amateur
> posing as an expert.

> This is not our friend Rosayouknowho or someone
> selling trinkets just some one who is often misinformed.

The similarities are striking - skin the thickness of a sperm whale; "the
ability to see the big picture" of a termite; acute tunnel vision - albeit
focused on different regions and the inability to accept that anyone else
has the right to a contrary opinion without being branded "Wrong!!!"

Mr. Rosananadanafanaberg, your are certainly entitled to your NSHO - but,
respectfully, (and you do know that us Antipodeans are *very* respectful*
[s******]) if the subject looks like a troll, and smells like a troll and
sounds like a troll I have difficulty in seeing an "uneducated amateur".

Nope - I see a F_____ troll!

Closer to the mark is probably the fact that you yourself have been involved
in the distribution of I________n wines for far too long and that you're
convinced that wines should be consumed with food, but never tasted.

I do have difficulty with this proposition - and can only assume that the
*person* who suggested this consumes his lasagna and lambrusco via that part
of his body nearest the "potti", from whence he also spouts forth most of
his pearls of wisdom.

Good to see your presence here again, your Rabbiship - trust all is wine and
roses in Ba/Md.

--

His Lordship (and don't you forget it!!!)

st.helier

Kia Ora, Joseph - about time you crawled out from your marital pit!!!

I respond with tongue in cheek and foot in mouth :-)))

> Let me see now we've had almost as many comments on this and related
> threads about Sig. Scarpotti as Mickey D's has carbs and sodium.
> IMHO this gentleman is no troll but a very undereducated amateur
> posing as an expert.

> This is not our friend Rosayouknowho or someone
> selling trinkets just some one who is often misinformed.

The similarities are striking - skin the thickness of a sperm whale; "the
ability to see the big picture" of a termite; acute tunnel vision - albeit
focused on different regions and the inability to accept that anyone else
has the right to a contrary opinion without being branded "Wrong!!!"

Mr. Rosananadanafanaberg, your are certainly entitled to your NSHO - but,
respectfully, (and you do know that us Antipodeans are *very* respectful*
[s******]) if the subject looks like a troll, and smells like a troll and
sounds like a troll I have difficulty in seeing an "uneducated amateur".

Nope - I see a F_____ troll!

Closer to the mark is probably the fact that you yourself have been involved
in the distribution of I________n wines for far too long and that you're
convinced that wines should be consumed with food, but never tasted.

I do have difficulty with this proposition - and can only assume that the
*person* who suggested this consumes his lasagna and lambrusco via that part
of his body nearest the "potti", from whence he also spouts forth most of
his pearls of wisdom.

Good to see your presence here again, your Rabbiship - trust all is wine and
roses in Ba/Md.

--

His Lordship (and don't you forget it!!!)

Joe Rosenberg

Thank your loudsh-t, err lordship, had lunch today with Bill Loftin at new
dim sum joint. alas for me no wine.whilst on left coast attending a geezer
convention in Reno and visiting friends, managed to destroy my rented Buick
and arrived at nearby hospital with a Jackson Pollock painting on my upper
torso from where the airbag deployed rendering me hor's d"tourista in
Sacramento. I have returned home supplied with a copious supply of pain
pills and chagrin and thus the abstinence.

as your know kind pric__, err prince, love is not always fair and she who
must be obeyed has departed south to hurricane alley, she saieth for good,
so my castle is bare of both nectar and company, the better news is that my
body other than some badly bruised ribs is never healthier or slimmer; I am
still 25 short of goal weight of 175lb, (you do the metric math) but all my
vitals are good including bp.

as for trollism, i think you have a different set of parameters for the word
much as our maximum leader(not Mr. Parker, but) "G-d talks to me" Bush has a
distinct definition of the word "truth". who knows sans wife and a slimmed
down bod, i may show up in kiwiland someday and roust you out of your
torpor, sir especially if the USA becomes Ashcroft uber Alles. my book
reviews & poems are already published in your movie set du jour kingdom

i say let my scarpotti go..................

until that time

da Bep

as mumbled to
--
Joe "Beppe" Rosenberg
"st.helier" > wrote in message
> Kia Ora, Joseph - about time you crawled out from your marital pit!!!

(a whole lot of plonk driven drivel snipped by Murray the super moil)

Joe Rosenberg

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> Kia Ora, Joseph - about time you crawled out from your marital pit!!!

(a whole lot of plonk driven drivel snipped by Murray the super moil)

st.helier

Joseph my friend, (and by the way, happy spring equinox!!) when you finally
do make your way to these southern climes, we both, drive on the correct
side of the road, whilst actually staying on the road.

Also, we prefer something a little more exotic than crass Buicks or Caddies
or Chevrolets (you have never lived until you have driven a recycled
Mitsoyta out of Jappon!!)

May I make a suggestion - before that Jackson Pollock fades into health,
find yourself a passing Sioux and skin your chest and sell the resultant
artwork.

That way you will be travelling to the South Pacific this southern summer,
and visit every winery in Orc-land, at the same time you could lose some
addition kilos.

Yee Gods man, you are fading away to a shadow - I had an overnight stay in
the local horse piddle myself - just checking the vitals to be told that you
are fine - except for HBP & HC & OW etc etc.

Came out feeling like euthanasia was the only true option!!!!!

Thank you heaps for your perspective on "trollism" [excellent word!]

With all the BS which has been published (and I have contributed) your
wisdom is a shining beacon.

Your "Blame it in the Bush" sentiments are as valid as "I didn't inhale" or
"take wine with food, but don't taste it"

Look after your good-self !!!

--

st.helier

Uranium Committee

"st.helier" > wrote in message news:<1095737392.540791@ftpsrv1>...

> Your "Blame it in the Bush" sentiments are as valid as "I didn't inhale" or
> "take wine with food, but don't taste it"

Now really, one can make a wine that is very impressive as 'tasted',
but won't do all that well with food. A friend and I have big Italian
dinners several times each year. I'm talking about a major effort with
all sorts of exotic Italian regional recipes. These gatherings
typically include about 8-12 people. We usually go through about 5-7
bottles of wine, often of various types. All, of course, are Italian.
Would I consider getting together with a bunch of friends just to
taste wine? Never!

I was in a wine shop a few months ago while a woman was rushing around
buying various bottling of Chardonnay or something like that. She was
going to have a wine-tasting party. Pathetic, misguided fool.
Uranium Committee

"st.helier" > wrote in message news:<1095737392.540791@ftpsrv1>...

> Your "Blame it in the Bush" sentiments are as valid as "I didn't inhale" or
> "take wine with food, but don't taste it"

Now really, one can make a wine that is very impressive as 'tasted',
but won't do all that well with food. A friend and I have big Italian
dinners several times each year. I'm talking about a major effort with
all sorts of exotic Italian regional recipes. These gatherings
typically include about 8-12 people. We usually go through about 5-7
bottles of wine, often of various types. All, of course, are Italian.
Would I consider getting together with a bunch of friends just to
taste wine? Never!

I was in a wine shop a few months ago while a woman was rushing around
buying various bottling of Chardonnay or something like that. She was
going to have a wine-tasting party. Pathetic, misguided fool.

Looks like the Sriracha problem wasn't a problem after all. ImStillMags General Cooking 1 16-07-2014 11:39 PM
Hey, Michael! Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 6 23-11-2005 09:50 PM
Are Michael Scarpotti and Uranium Committee One and the Same? Vino Wine 8 12-09-2004 06:43 PM
Tea day with Michael Ripon Tea 4 04-05-2004 12:19 PM
Where's Michael Edleman? PENMART01 General Cooking 13 05-01-2004 03:04 PM