Larry

Default First experience with food/wine match

I've been reading all the posts on food/wine match ups but really did
get the message or experience the sensation until today.

Threw together a quick lunch. Spring salad with German potato salad
with some crab meat interspersed. A small amount of red pepper and
garlic dressing added. I had a Niagara region 2003 Reisling left over
from the night before so I thought I'd give it a go.

I expected a big explosion caused by the mismatch. BUT I was very
pleasantly surprised. The Reisling was not overpowered and held it;'s
own very well.

Would a more experienced person in this group have expected the
Reisling to handle the match up well because as I said this is my
first experience with a wine tasting great even with food?

All the best,

Larry
Southern Ontario

Dale Williams

In article >, Larry
> writes:

>Spring salad with German potato salad
>with some crab meat interspersed. A small amount of red pepper and
>garlic dressing added. I had a Niagara region 2003 Reisling

Not knowing exactly what your dish was, or the style of the Riesling, one can't
comment exactly. But I would say that as a generality Riesling goes well with
dishes with a little mustard, and I would think Riesling and crab a natural (I
recall a Tribach CFE with some peekytoe crab that was an astounding match). If
the Riesling was off-dry, might help with the spice. Keep reporting as you try
matches.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply

Fitness food match for wine emmy007 Wine 0 16-03-2011 09:11 AM
"The perfect wine match for Chinese food" aesthete8 Wine 5 01-10-2010 10:10 PM
Food-Wine match? p.k.[_2_] Wine 7 02-12-2007 06:46 PM
New Orleans Wine & Food Experience 2005 Hunt Wine 0 12-04-2005 05:22 AM
New Orleans Wine & Food Experience 2005 Hunt Wine 0 12-04-2005 05:22 AM