cutecat

Default Is this wine still good? 1982 Fleurie

A bottle recently fell into my hands--a 1982 Fleurie La Madone, Prosper
Maufoux Burgundy. Does anyone think this can still be drinkable? The
various vintage charts I have, both on paper and online, are divided on the
subject.

It was stuck in the back of an upstairs small house bedroom closet in
Cincinnati. The recipient doesn't drink, and received it as a present in
1985 or so. He put the bottle where he couldn't notice it.

Mark Lipton

cutecat wrote:
> A bottle recently fell into my hands--a 1982 Fleurie La Madone, Prosper
> Maufoux Burgundy. Does anyone think this can still be drinkable? The
> various vintage charts I have, both on paper and online, are divided on the
> subject.
>
> It was stuck in the back of an upstairs small house bedroom closet in
> Cincinnati. The recipient doesn't drink, and received it as a present in
> 1985 or so. He put the bottle where he couldn't notice it.

If it had been ideally stored and produced by a top-flight producer, it
could still be good. Under the circumstances, OTOH, it's likely to be
swill at this point (but, as is often said here, won't kill you to try).

Mark Lipton
Mark Lipton

TN: Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 08-06-2009 05:19 PM
TN Fleurie -yippee DaleW Wine 0 29-08-2007 03:22 PM
'03 Fleurie Ed Rasimus Wine 1 30-05-2006 12:32 AM
FS: 1982 Don't Eat Your Heart Out Cookbook SC 1982 katie-mae Marketplace 0 28-05-2004 05:29 PM
Are there good websites to learn about Wine / Wine Industry VIJAY Winemaking 0 03-10-2003 06:43 AM